- Big Sky High School
- Announcements & Newsletters
- Counseling Department
- COVID-19 Support and Resources
- Contact Us
- Announcements & Newsletters
- Academic Support
- Academic Programs
- Planning for Graduation
- Dual Credit
- MCPS Life After High School Guide
- College Resources
- College Visits
- Career Information
- Helpful Information
- Teen Drop In Center
Posted by Miranda Panion on 10/29/2019
- All of November - I will be doing a Career Exploration unit in the History classes utilizing the Montana Career Information System .
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are November 13th and 14th.
- November 20th - Life After Graduation Fair 8-11am. Local education, military, business, and job prep vendors will be present to discuss options for post-secondary planning.
- November 25th - President Bodnar from the University of Montana will be at Big Sky to speak with the junior class about opportunities after high school. This event will take place in the Auxiliary Gym at 12:40pm.
Helpful Resources for Post Secondary Education:
- Coolidge Scholarship - administered by the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Foundation, this full-ride scholarship covers tuition, room and board, and expenses for students four year undergraduate study. To apply and learn more visit https://coolidgescholars.org/ . Application closes January 16, 2020.
- Bezos Scholarship Program - a year long leadership development program for current juniors in high school. Applications are due January 31,2020. More information can be found at www.bezosscholars.org/lead .
- Raise Me - A new way to earn money for college. Anyone can earn money for college starting in 9th grade based on their achievements in school and life. Begin tracking in an account starting now on the website https://www.raise.me/ .
- For information on all Montana colleges, events, and financial supports visit https://www.montanacolleges.com/.
- The University of Montana Trio/Upward Bound Program serves students with need for academic support in order for them to reach their dream of attending college. Upward Bound serves students in low income families and/or families where neither parent has earned a bachelor's degree. After school tutoring and summer programming at U of M are among the programs provided, to learn more visit their website at https://www.umt.edu/trioub/default.php .
- Dr. Ilse-Mari Lee from the MSU Honors College will be hosting an event the evening of Thursday, November 14 for students and their parents/families to learn more about the wonderful opportunities available through the MSU Honors College. The event will start at 5:30pm in the Blackfoot Banquet Room at the DoubleTree Hotel; 100 Madison St.
- The Davidson Honors College has rescheduled their event to take place on Thursday, November 14th between 4-6PM.
- Explore all sorts of pertinent information on our Counseling Website. Of particular interest this upcoming month is the Life After High School Guide with details on each pathway a student may want to pursue after graduation.
- We are coming to the end of our second progress period. Use the Parent and Student Q via the school website to keep up to date on academic progress and communicate with staff.