College Visit Information
Throughout the school year, representatives from colleges visit (virtually due to COVID) Big Sky High School. Students are welcome to come to these visits to learn more about these schools. Students can access the virtual meeting using the links below.
Expectation of Students:
- Please ask your teacher for permission to leave class for a college visit ahead of time (before the day of!)
- Please be mindful of how many visits you are signing up for, so you do not miss class time more than necessary.
- If you are unable to miss class for a college visit, Mrs.Gibson can give you the contact information for the appropriate representative to get more information.
- Please be on time for the visit.
- Please show up for a visit if you have signed up.
- Remember you are representing Big Sky. Be polite and kind to visitors.
- Stay for the whole visit.
Many students feel hesitant to come to college visits because they don’t know what to say or ask. Here are some sample questions, which we also keep a copy of in our counseling center.
- What programs are available at your school?
- What is the cost?
- What are the scholarships available?
- What makes your school unique?
- What is the retention rate?
- What is the admission process and acceptance rate?
- How big is your campus and population?
- What are the classes like in the major I am interested in?
- Do you offer advising or tutoring services?
- What is the average size of a freshmen class, and how hard is it to get into my classes of choice?
- What kinds of on and off campus living option are available?
- How can I arrange an on campus visit?
We will keep the college visits schedule updated on our counseling department website. Please let us know if you have any questions.
College Visit Sign Ups
Washington University in St. LouisSeptember 17th 5pm - VirtualSeptember 21st 2pm - VirtualMeeting ID: 992 1859 3605 Passcode: 538587September 30th 4pm - VirtualOctober 5th 10:30am - VirtualMeeting ID: 974 3059 3180 Passcode: 8W0r!WOctober 5th 12:30pm - VirtualOctober 12th at 10am - VirtualOctober 12th 1pm - VirtualPlease note that students (or parents and staff) wishing to attend will need to register for the event through the "virtual" link in order to receive the link to accessOctober 15th 11am - VirtualOctober 19th 12:30pm - VirtualNovember 2nd 10am - VirtualMeeting ID: 835 8518 8168 Passcode: 1n9L3pIf you are unable to attend this live virtual event, please feel free to reach out to schedule and individual time: firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 243-2469. We are excited to connect with you. Go Griz!