College Visit Information
Throughout the school year, representatives from colleges visit Big Sky High School. Students are welcome to come to these visits to learn more about these schools. Students need to sign up in advance. They can do so using the links below.
College Visit Sign Ups
Thursday, January 30th-Counseling CenterTuesday, October 1st at 9:30-Counseling CenterThursday, October 24th at 11:30-Counseling CenterTBDGonzaga University
Tuesday, September 24th at 8:00-Counseling CenterFriday, September 27th at 12:30-Counseling CenterTBDTuesday, October 22nd at 9:30-Counseling CenterMonday, October 7th at 12:00 -Counseling CenterTBD
Expectation of Students:
- Please ask your teacher for permission to leave class for a college visit ahead of time (before the day of!)
- Please be mindful of how many visits you are signing up for, so you do not miss class time more than necessary.
- If you are unable to miss class for a college visit, Mrs.Gibson can give you the contact information for the appropriate representative to get more information.
- Please be on time for the visit.
- Please show up for a visit if you have signed up.
- Remember you are representing Big Sky. Be polite and kind to visitors.
- Stay for the whole visit.
Many students feel hesitant to come to college visits because they don’t know what to say or ask. Here are some sample questions, which we also keep a copy of in our counseling center.
- What programs are available at your school?
- What is the cost?
- What are the scholarships available?
- What makes your school unique?
- What is the retention rate?
- What is the admission process and acceptance rate?
- How big is your campus and population?
- What are the classes like in the major I am interested in?
- Do you offer advising or tutoring services?
- What is the average size of a freshmen class, and how hard is it to get into my classes of choice?
- What kinds of on and off campus living option are available?
- How can I arrange an on campus visit?
We will keep the college visits schedule updated on our counseling department website. Please let us know if you have any questions.