FAFSA Workshops and Information
The Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) opens October 1st 2020. Do you have questions or are having troubles with your FAFSA? Never filled out a FAFSA Application? Please join us as we work through the FAFSA application, highlighting areas that may cause problems.
WORKSHOPS WILL ALL BE HELD AT 6PM
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 5TH & 12TH
- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21ST
- FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH
- MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9TH
- TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH & 24TH
Join UM Financial Educators for virtual FAFSA event. Decide which date works for you - at 6 pm simply copy the Zoom link below into your browser to join the online
workshop. https://umontana.zoom.us/j/2482306737 . For more information or can't make these workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (406) 243.6016 to schedule an individual appointment.
The stress of coming up with enough money to pay for college can be overwhelming for many but know there is help and resources available to help with this daunting process. Many students fear that they will not be able to afford college but planning and preparation will help clarify the process.
- Apply to a university or college by the school deadline.
- Search for scholarships. Keep track of the details and deadlines.
- Complete the FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov after October 1. Check the school’s priority filing date.
- Receive award notification from the school (may be paper or electronic).
- Respond to the award notification by accepting, rejecting or accepting a reduced amount of financial aid.
- Complete entrance counseling if accepting a loan.
- If accepting student loans, complete and sign a master promissory note.
- Follow the school’s procedures to confirm attendance so that financial aid can be applied to charges.
- Make payment arrangements for any outstanding balances due to the school.
- If receiving a credit refund, set up a budget for the school term.
Additional Financial Aid Information:
The College Board- Paying for College- This is a great website will tons of information regarding not only the financial aid process but budget tools, cost estimators, the CSS/PROFILE is also available through this site. They also have a great scholarship search engine. Check it out!
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)- Available to fill out Oct 1st your senior year. You and one of your parents will need FSA ID.
Missoula Area Reach Higher Representative: Steven Coop
Having a school counselor’s background helps me understand the challenges today’s youth face. I love helping them visualize their future and creating a plan to get from point A to point B.