FAFSA Workshop (virtual)
The Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) opens October 1st 2020. Do you have questions or are having troubles with your FAFSA? Never filled out a FAFSA Application? Please join us as we work through the FAFSA application,
highlighting areas that may cause problems.
WORKSHOPS WILL ALL BE HELD AT 6PM
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 5TH & 12TH
- WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21ST
- FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH
- MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9TH
- TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH & 24TH
Join UM Financial Educators for virtual FAFSA event. Decide which date works for you - at 6 pm simply copy the Zoom link below into your browser to join the online
workshop. https://umontana.zoom.us/j/2482306737 . For more information or can't make these workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (406) 243.6016 to schedule an individual appointment.
Virtual College Fair - September 21-27th
Paying for College 101
-Are you a student or parent with questions about how to pay for college? Join us this summer for 'Paying for College 101'. The workshop will be held on multiple dates/times and are open to students and their families grades 9-12.
- Dates: June 4, June 26, July 2, July 24, August 6, and August 21 at either 11am or 5pm.
- Registration link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/T662CGM
Parent Teacher Conferences - March 31st and April 1st
-Tuesday March 31st 5-8pm by appointment only
-Wednesday April 1st 4-7pm walk-ins only
Central American Exchange
- The Mansfield Center at the University of Montana is offering an all-expense paid basketball exchange in Honduras, Sport for Social Change, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State. Applications for high school students (minimum age of 15 by start of program), as well as adult professionals are open now, through March 31. This program focuses on using basketball to build the capacity of youth in Honduras. A total of 12 Montana participants will travel all-expense paid for two weeks to Honduras August 6-19, 2020. Then a group of Central Americans from El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras will come to Montana for two weeks in April 2021, and the Montana delegation will work with them more in-depth during this time. Visit their website for more details and for application materials.
Register for the College Planning 101 workshop that will be Thursday March 26th at 6pm at the Clearwater Credit Union Website: https://clearwatercreditunion.studentchoice.org/seminar/ .
UM Summer Institute
- The UMSummer Institute (SI) invites high school students (entering their sophomore, junior and senior year starting the fall of 2020) to UM for an intensive, hands-on transformational learning opportunity with our faculty in a live-in shared two week experience. They will engage in the classroom during the day and in meaningful social activities in the evenings and during the weekend. Students will be exposed to all aspects of life as a UM student. Students can earn three college credits and have a choice from six course listings. The courses were chosen by UM’s Communities of Excellence . Students will choose one course to participate in for the two week duration. For more information, please contact Dr. Grace Gardner, Director of UMSummer at 406-243-5658 or email@example.com .
LGBTQ+ and Empower MT
-GSA(Rainbows of the Round Table) at Big Sky meets Wednesday's at lunch in Room 59! Nicole Hensley and Katie Degrandpre are the staff sponsor for the group.
-Youth Forward group meets Wednesday evenings from 5-7 pm at the EmpowerMT office.
In Need of Food for the Weekend?
-The Family Resource Center has Empower Packs every Friday. The Empower Packs include 2 entrees, 2 breakfasts, hearty snacks, fresh fruit and milk (nonperishable). These will be available outside The FRC in the F Hall on a table every Friday and students can just take one.
In Financial Need of School Supplies?
-Head to the Family Resource Center for Backpacks with a binder with folders, loose leaf paper, pencils, pens, a calculator, etc.
-YMCA GRIT and Missoula Urban Demonstration Project (aka MUD), is offering a 3-hour, hands-on butchering workshop on Saturday Nov. 16th, which is open to girls, women, and gender diverse individuals aged 14+! This workshop is free and there are 12 spots available. Register now at: https://forms.gle/17TsRMyaTcDCUcGr9 Or see Ms. Hensley to sign up.