Rules & Expectations
CHOIR RULES AND EXPECTATIONS
“It’s good to have fun… but it’s more fun to be good.”
The following rules and expectations enable us to have the most productive rehearsal possible, and enable everyone to have a positive musical experience. The choir classroom rules are:
- Your teacher/conductor, by following rehearsal etiquette
- Your fellow choir members, by being polite, positive and open-minded
- Your choir room and practice rooms (keep them clean), the piano (don’t use without asking, please), your folders (take care of them, put them away and don’t lose them!), your uniforms.
- The music and the rehearsal – work hard, be positive and open-minded. Be an active member of our team.
2. Participate in a positive and appropriate way. We cannot succeed without serious hard work in choir rehearsals.
3. Follow rehearsal etiquette guidelines. These are basic rules that apply to every choir rehearsal everywhere, not just at HHS. These things include:
- Being on time
- Being prepared with a pencil and your folder and music in class
- NOT TALKING DURING REHEARSAL
- being engaged in rehearsal at all times, even when you are not actively singing
- PUTTING YOUR PHONE AWAY
- Sitting with good posture while singing
4. No food, drink or gum in the choir room. Water is great!
5. Work hard and make the best music possible.