Hellgate High School Counseling
The HHS Counseling office is currently closed due to the COVID-19 school closures. We can be reached by email. Please see the MCPS District Website for more information. You can check out community Mental Health Resources here.
What are the roles of the counselors at Hellgate?
- Advise students on academic planning.
- Provide information on post-secondary opportunities.
- Maintain a library of post-secondary, career, and financial aid information.
- Provide short-term personal counseling to students.
- Provide consultation to faculty regarding students' academic success.
- Provide educational support services to parents.
- Facilitate referrals to community support services.
Why should parents contact a school counselor?
- Concerns over student achievement
- Referral for testing services
- Discussing special needs of their child
- Family difficulties or concerns
Parents should e-mail or call a school counselor for a phone conference or to schedule an appointment.
Please view our Upcoming Events Calendar to find out about upcoming Post-Secondary opportunities.