For the past 28 years Big Sky Football has been very successful on and off the field. Big Sky Football is one stepping stone of a well-rounded education. Our belief is in hard work, commitment, to be unselfish and never quit. “Our team will excel as a result of unit cohesiveness. No member of our family is worth more than another. No member is worth less. Believe in yourself, believe in each other.” We also believe that these are essential qualities students will use to be successful in life. Football is a NO CUT sport with many opportunities of participation.
Our coaching staff puts in many hours every week and throughout the year to help provide the best fundamentals and techniques. The Freshman, Sophomore, and J.V. programs are to give every player playing time and to help them develop as a player and athlete. Our goal in the three sub varsity levels is to help student athletes reach their potential as players and people.
- 1993 State AA Runners-up
- 1994 State AA Champions
- 2004 Semi-Finalist
- 2014 Semi-Finalist
- 18 Outright City Titles since 1992 (We have won 18 of last 29) and we are 46-12 v. other Missoula Schools in the past 29 years
- State AA Playoffs 12 times since 2002 (02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 14, 16, 17, 19, 20)
Summer Weight Room Hours: (Beggining June 14th)
- 7 – 9 a.m. Monday thru Thursday – No Cost
- The strength and conditioning program at Big Sky High School is based on the best and most current programs in the nation. We feel that it is most important for all football players to be in our weight room together.
- We encourage incoming Freshman to lift with us throughout the summer.
First Varsity Practice – Friday August 13th
First Freshman Practice – Paperwork check in August 16th at noon. 1st actual practice August 19th
- Come by the School office to pick up forms for football. 6 forms total
Coach Matt Johnson: (H) 926-3295, (Classroom) 728-2400 x 8060 EMAIL = email@example.com