Big Sky Band Parents Organization
Who Are We: The Big Sky Band Parents is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our job is to support the high school bands in every way so that they enjoy a successful year. We provide meals to students at band functions, refreshments at concerts, coordinate fundraisers, and crew volunteer opportunities. Meetings are held on the second Monday of the month (Oct-May) at 7:00 PM in the band room. For more information, please contact the Board President at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next year's primary fundraising target is to help every student travel to Hawaii in March, 2022. We also have a Wish List that always needs attention.
Fundraising is an essential part of providing a quality experience for the band students at BSHS. The money raised allows the band to take trips and will supplement money provided by the district to update equipment and supplies. We have five annual fundraisers.
- Citrus Sale – October
- Coffee Sale - November
- Practice-A-Thon - TBD
- Blue Note Café – Winter, 2022
- Big Sky Nacho Booth – 2nd week in August @ the Western MT Fair
The purpose of the Big Sky Band Parents
- Lend moral and financial support to the band program
- Promote the general activities of the band program
- Along with the band teacher, help foster a positive and welcoming environment for band members, parents and members of the Missoula community
- Manage the extra-curricular fund raising
How can you help?
- Join the Board!
- Attend meetings and add your name to the volunteer list. Sign Up using this volunteer form or contact us.
- Donate! Contributions from donors and businesses will support the general program, or you can sponsor a specific need. Send checks to Big Sky Bands, or provide potential leads to the Board at email@example.com for follow up.