The Big Sky Band Parents Organization
This is our main support for the Big Sky High School Band Program. Please get involved! Last year's primary fundraising target was to help students travel to Washington, D.C. for the Kennedy Center International Band Festival in April, 2019. We also have a Wish List.
Fundraising is an essential part of providing a quality experience for the band students at BSHS. The money raised allows the band to take trips and will supplement money provided by the district to update equipment and supplies. We have five annual fundraisers.
- Citrus Sale – Sell Oct. 12-Nov 1; Delivered Dec. 4-8
- Coffee Sale - till December 3
- Blue Note Café – February 1, 7-9pm
- Big Sky Nacho Booth – 2nd week in August @ the Western MT Fair
The purpose of the Big Sky Band Parents
- Encourage and support interest in the band program
- Lend moral and financial support to the band program
- Promote the general activities of the band program
- Along with the band teacher, help foster a positive and welcoming environment for band members, parents and members of the Missoula community
- Manage the extra-curricular fund raising
More About The Big Sky Band Parents Org.
- Any parent with a student in any of the Bands is automatically part of Big Sky Band Parents
- Are there Band Parent Meetings? - Yes, there are non-obligatory meetings. The first Band Parent meeting each year is held in September. There are monthly meetings held in the evening (schedule TBD). Agenda items and Minutes are emailed out monthly to all band parents who have provided an email address.
- How to Volunteer: Sign Up using this volunteer form or contact us!
- Thursday, January 9, 2020, 6:00 PM in the band room
- Thursday, January 23, 2020, 6:00 PM in the band room