C.S. Porter Athletic Programs and Information
- Athletic Seasons are subject to change depending on number of teams.
- Game schedules are setup the first week of practice after number and sizes of teams are determined for all middle schools in MCPS.
- 6th graders may only participate in soccer, cross country, wrestling and track. They will have other opportunities to participate in Flagship activities including volleyball, and basketball.
- Informational meeting and signups will occur approximately a week before each sport is scheduled to start.
- Each season lasts approximately 6 weeks.
- Students must be receiving passing grades to participate in athletics. Students' grades will be checked each week.
- Academic Eligibility: Before students can participate in middle school athletics, he/she must meet academic requirements. To be academically eligible, students must be earning a passing grade in all subjects. Grade checks are completed weekly of school personnel. Students who are not eleigible one week may be eligible the next, depending on classroom performance. Non-eligble students are notified and may participate in practices but not competitions. Students who are absent or are serving an Out of School suspension are not eleigible to participate in practices or competitions that are scheduled on those days. Student absences for a documented legal, medical, dental, or school related activity are exempt. Student academic eligibility is subject to review based on IDEA and Section 504 of the ADA.
If you have any questions, please contact Assistant Principal Brittnie Keilman at email@example.com