Parent and Athlete Information
2021 Track Season
Grades 6, 7, & 8
Head Coach: Britany Eisenzimer - firstname.lastname@example.org
2020-21 SEASON INFORMATION
- Season - 4/6-5/17
- Signup Due Date - 4/2
- 1st Day of Practice - 4/6
- Game Schedule -
- 1st Meet - CS Porter only - 4/19/21 - time and location to be determined
- 2nd Meet - CS Porter, WMS and Meadow Hill (divided by grade level) - time and location to be determined
Welcome to CS Porter track. We are all looking forward to a fun-filled, action packed, successful season! This is just a brief note to inform you of what to expect this season.
Students will be required to turn in the following three items by Friday, April 2nd. Interested students will be given paper copies of the forms this week to bring home. You can also click the links below and print at your convenience.
- MCPS Athletics Waiver
- Signature of an adult and student’s printed name.
- $25 Activity Fee
- Make checks payable to CS Porter Middle School.
- Contact Debi (email@example.com) if you are in need of a scholarship.
- MCPS Concussion Protocol
- April 6th thru May 17th
- 1:30-3:00pm M-Th each week of the season starting April 6th.
- Transportation is not provided after practice so each athlete will need to plan for their own transportation at 3:00pm daily.
- Practices are mandatory if athletes expect to participate at the meets.
- Masks must be worn when not actively practicing or competing.
- Attendance will be taken daily, so make sure you are there on time.
- We understand emergencies arise but please try to avoid scheduling appointments etc. when there is practice after school.
- Please communicate with a coach if you are going to miss practice.
- Athletes are required to have a minimum of 6 practices in before the first competition.
- If athletes have not made an effort to communicate about any absences, they may not be registered for the next track meet.
- April 19 & May 17 (Times to be determined)
- Updates on spectator limitations due to COVID protocol will be determined and communicated shortly.
- Please inform your coach if you will be unable to attend a meet.
- We also request that the athletes stay until the end of each meet to support their teammates
- TRANSPORTATION To/From MEET
- Bussing will be provided.
- CS Porter will supply jerseys for competition as well as all equipment needed (e.g. shot puts, batons, tape measures)
- Athletes are responsible for bringing the following to all practices and games:
- Athletic apparel-clothing you can move in, tennis shoes (SPIKES ARE PROHIBITED, but can wear track shoes with no spikes)
- Water bottle
- Snacks-you know your own body…if you need fuel, prepare! Make it healthy!
- Warm clothes-remember it is spring in Montana…hats, gloves, tights, rain gear may be necessary!
Every athlete is required to participate in at least 2 events and no more than 5. The events can be different every meet. For this reason, it is important athletes make an effort to practice all their events each week.
- Athletes have the option of throwing, running, and/or jumping events
- Throwing: shot put and javelin
- Jumping: long jump, triple jump, and high jump
- Running: Sprints (100 m, 200m, 400m), long distance (800m, 1600m)
- Hurdles: 100m hurdles
- Relays: Team events of 4 participants. 4 x 100 (400m) Relay and 4x400 (1600m) Relay
- Head Coach: Britany Eisenzimer
We appreciate any volunteers that will be willing to assist time or measure during the meets!