2022-23 Season will run from 1/23/23 - 3/17/23COACHES
2022-23 SEASON INFORMATION
- Tryouts - Tue 1/17 & Wed 1/18 2:45 - 4:30
- Season - 1/23/23 - 3/17/23
- 1st Day of Practice - 1/23
- Practice Schedule - Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 2:45 - 4:30 (no practice Thursdays)
- Game Schedule
Medical Waiver: Parents must sign a medical waiver for their child to participate in Athletics at the middle school level. Students may get a copy of the waiver from the office and it must be returned to the office before they are allowed to practice.
Cost $25.00 per player and must be paid before the first game to participate.
- No student-athlete may have an “F” in any subject during a five-week athletic season.
- Grade checks will occur on the second, third, and fourth Friday of each season to determine eligibility. Any student-athlete who has an “F” in any subject, will be ineligible for games the following week. They remain eligible for practices. Weekly grade checks will occur on Friday. Students who have raised their failing grades will regain eligibility for the following week.
- Incomplete (I) may be given additional consideration for extenuating circumstances.
- During the 5 days of ineligibility, the student/athlete may practice.
- A student-athlete who is in a prescribed special education class or 504 program and is not meeting academic eligibility will have grades reviewed to ensure all accommodations are being implemented. This review will be comprised of an administrator, parent, special education teacher, and the teacher from the class the student is failing.
- Parents will be contacted if their child is ineligible for academic reasons.
- Running clock except for the last two minutes of the game and during free throws. The clock will start once the ball is given to the shooter on the second shot.
- Overtime 2 minutes with stopping of the clock
- Injury stops the clock or the referee
- Two timeouts per half per team. (one 30-second and one 60-second)
- Full-court defense only in the last two minutes of the game if the game is tied or a team is behind.
- The first game starts no later than 4:15. The second game starts 10 minutes after the end of the first game.
- Half-time is five minutes.
- The goal of every game (coach will be to have every player participate in no more than approximately 70% of a game or less than 40% of a game. (Each player should be sitting out approximately one-quarter of the time.
- Three-point baskets are for 8th grade only.
- Coaches are responsible for managing equipment and for someone doing the scorebook.
- Eight-minute quarters.
- No Zone Defense
If you have any questions, please contact Assistant Principal Kammy Meyers at 406-728-2400 Extension 4601 or firstname.lastname@example.org