• CS Porter logo

    C.S. Porter School was named for Clarence Scott Porter, a superintendent of School District 1 from 1944-1963. He had been with the school system since 1929, serving as physical education supervisor, teacher, and principal before he became superintendent. The school was built in 1967 as an elementary school serving students in grades 1-8. In 1981, it changed to a junior high serving 7th and 8th graders and added 6th graders in 1984.

    C.S. Porter is one of three Missoula County Public School District middle schools. Students from Franklin, Hawthorne, Jeanette Rankin, and Lowell Elementary Schools feed into Porter. We are the home of the Cougars and serve approximately 600 students.