¡Hola! ¡Bienvenidos! Welcome to Profe Maughan's Spanish Class.Learning Spanish is a wonderful way to learn about new people and places. Language learning opens your mind to new possibilities!I teach an active and interactive class. I believe in learning through doing. We move, we talk, we sing, we laugh. Learning a language is easier and more fun than people realize!
Welcome/Bienvenido back to school 2020-21!
More updates to come later but I wanted to give a heads up on a couple of things for SPANISH CLASS:
1. Despite a really...unique...schedule to start this year, there will still be sorta regular exploratory rotations and most of you will get some time with me! Sadly not everyone tho.
2. Your backpack will be your locker! To reduce hallway congestion, help with distancing, etc. You need a good backpack to bring with your stuff every day.
3. There will be NO shared classroom supplies until further notice...including coloring supplies, staplers, scissors, pencil sharpeners, etc.
So...you will need your own markers, crayons, things to do all our coloring activities with, and other classroom supplies...including pencils/pens. I know I usually have some for you to borrow but with the chance of spreading COVID-19, that isn't possible.
4. You'll be at school for 2 days a week, and home for 3 but those 3 are still school days and we'll have work to do.
Spanish Supply List:
- backpack - this will be your locker for now and you'll bring it to class
- face masks - enough for a fresh one every day plus a couple spares
- hand sanitizer - the school should have some but you never know
- 3-ring binder with loose leaf paper
- pencils, pens, etc - I won't be doing the pencil police :(
- coloring supplies - markers, colored pencils, crayons, etc. We will still do nametags and los colores sheets but you will need your own supplies!
- handheld pencil sharpener - so we don't have to wash down the classroom one after every use
- water bottle - can fill at the filling stations or classroom sink - all water fountains are closed off for now!
- SNACKS! Class periods are really long and we will get hungry.
That's all I can think of for now.
Nos vemos next week!
Phone: 728-2400 ext:4615
Degrees and Certifications:
B.A. in Spanish and Education with honors. Minor in Latin American Studies. M.Ed. in Education, Technology in Education with high honors
Google Classroom Codes posted here when appropriate:
5th period 8th grade 1st semester: coming soon
7th grade periods 2 and 3
8th grade periods 5 and 6
6th grade periods 8 and 9