2022-2023 College Visits: CLICK HERE for a listing of scheduled visits
Expectation of Students:
- Please ask your teacher for permission to leave class for a college visit ahead of time (before the day of)
- You will be sent a pass the day of (if it is early morning, you will get an email reminder)
- Please be mindful of how many visits you are signing up for, so you do not miss class time more than necessary.
- If you are unable to miss class for a college visit, Mrs.Gibson can give you the contact information for the appropriate representative to get more information.
- Please be on time for the visit.
- Please show up for a visit if you have signed up.
- Remember you are representing Sentinel. Be polite and kind to visitors.
- Stay for the whole visit.
Many students feel hesitant to come to college visits because they don’t know what to say or ask. Here are some sample questions, which we also keep a copy of in our counseling center.
- What programs are available at your school?
- What is the cost?
- What are the scholarships available?
- What makes your school unique?
- What is the retention rate?
- What is the admission process and acceptance rate?
- How big is your campus and population?
- What are the classes like in the major I am interested in?
- Do you offer advising or tutoring services?
- What is the average size of a freshmen class, and how hard is it to get into my classes of choice?
- What kinds of on and off campus living option are available?
- How can I arrange an on campus visit?
We will keep the college visits schedule updated on our counseling department website. Please let us know if you have any questions.