Bonjour ! I have been teaching French (all levels) at Sentinel High School since 2010, and I have also been teaching French 1 for the Montana Digital Academy since 2016. I have a bachelor's in Art from the University of Nebraska, a bachelor's in French and a Master's in Education from the University of Montana. I taught English and lived in France in 2007-2008 as a participated in the French Assistantship program.
I am very passionate about travel, learning, and exploring the world through the lense of another language and culture. My passion is to make learning French interesting, relevant, and creative as we learn more about ourselves and the world around us.
Monsieur Whitney Contact Info:
- Email is best: email@example.com
- School phone number: (406)728-2400
Online French Resources for At Home Study:
- Duolingo (This is a French learning app that many students find useful- good for beginners-advanced students.)
- www.conjuguemos.com ("Use without account" option has vocabulary, grammar, listening activities and games.)
- BBC French (This has a lot of resources for French- good variety.)
- Alice Ayel's Youtube Videos (These are good videos for listening comprehension- includes stories and culture.)
- The Great Story Reading Project (Has a lot of simple French stories for reading comprehension.)
- 1jour1actu (This website has news articles geared towards younger French students, so it can be challenging, but interesting...)
- TV5Monde (This has videos and articles geared towards French learners- more for intermediate-advanced students.)
- AATF Youtube Playlist (This is a curated Youtube playlist by the American Association of Teachers of French.)
- Language Practice Choice Board (Has a lot of different ideas for how to practice using your French at home.)
Of course, the list goes on and on, but these are some of my favorites.
Remember: You can always listen to French music, watch movies in French (with English or French subtitles), play video games in French, learn about French culture, etc... There are many ways to improve your French on your own if you look for it! Bonne chance (Good luck)!