At Missoula County Public Schools (MCPS), our mission is to ensure that each student achieves his/her full and unique potential. (Approved by Board of Trustees 2009)
MCPS VISION – 5 YEARS
- MCPS provides a broad education, recognized for its quality, for every student in a safe, stimulating learning environment.
- All MCPS students are challenged to develop critical thinking skills, citizenship responsibilities, communication competency, value for the arts, literature, and sciences, understanding of the importance of health and wellness, a love for learning, and preparation for life beyond high school regardless of their vocational pathway.
- The community trusts and supports the MCPS Board of Trustee’s leadership and vision because the Board:
- Seeks out and values input from the community through useful public participation strategies and is known for fiscal responsibility and efficiency.
- Hires highly qualified and competent administration and staff and encourages ongoing education for them as well as Board members.
- Searches out and is successful at finding alternative and non-traditional funding sources to support District programs. Is perceived by the public as competent, consistent and having integrity.
MCPS GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- We believe that every child has his/her own educational potential and deserves to be fully challenged.
- We believe we have a responsibility to motivate students to become lifelong learners and productive citizens.
- We believe that MCPS should be a safe learning environment.
- We believe that Board decisions should value and consider community input, administrative and staff recommendations, and educational best practices.
- We treat all employees with respect and provide them with a professional and supportive working environment.
- We believe that Administration is the critical component in operating the District.
- We believe that the health and wellness of students and staff is essential.
- We recognize our critical responsibility to safeguard the public’s trust in public education.