Hello and welcome Class of 2017! Freshman year is upon us and hopefully your transition from 8th grade to now has been smooth, fulfilling and all that you have wanted! I've spent the last 14 years as a school counselor, the last 11 here at Sentinel High School. It is my hope and goal for you that when you wrap up your time here as a Spartan, you will be standing on a plateau where in front of you there are many CHOICES (college bound, technical school, career ready and enter the work force, military, etc.) from which you can choose from. Over the next four years, you will grow, mature, learn, and cultivate the essentials of who you are. This is just the beginning--expect that over your time here you will change. Your thinking, desire for autonomy, vision of and for yourself, and philosophy(s) will change: this is great and expected. As your counselor I will be with you the entire way and will be your resource if/when you need it.
Tips for freshman year:
- Remain positive.
- Stay involved.
- Ask your teachers and myself for help.
- Take classes that challenge you and prepare you for your future.
- Attend every class, every day. Attendance is crucial!
- Turn in every assignment.
- Keep track of your credits on your four year plan.
- Use a Daily Planner always
- Do your best.
- Stay unplugged from Facebook, texting and Twitter while at school.
- Focus on yourself and on your education.
- Surround yourself with friends that enhance your life.
NOTE: On the main Counselor's Website, there are many links for support to help you over the next four years. Examples include scholarship information, study tips, college searches, career exploration, 4-year high school planning and much more.Here is just one of the links: Helpful LinksAs your Guidance Counselor, I am happy to help with:
Office Hours:Monday-Friday 7:40 a.m. - 3:40 p.m.*Please feel free to call or email me if you'd like to make an appointment.Contact Information:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice and Voice Mail: (406) 728-2400 Ext. 7025
- Academic Support
- College and Career Planning
- Scheduling and Registration
- Provide Resources
- Classroom Visits
- Social and Emotional Struggles( In special circumstances I will often seek advice from two other resources for support: Dr. Mark Johnson and Sarah Kragelund)
Last Modified on September 30, 2013