Welcome to Arntzen and Olinger TeamTeamed for Success!Alec Arntzen-Math, Science, and HealthEmail: email@example.comPhone: (406)728-2400, ext. 2661Lissa Olinger-English Language Arts, Social Studies, and PEEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: (406)728-2400, ext. 2688Ben Sivertsen--Special Education Case ManagerEmail: email@example.comPhone: (406)728-2400, ext. 2660Team Grading Scale:
- F=59 and below
- Students will be on time and prepared for each class
- Students will be respectful and active learners
- Students will have a positive attitude
Students at Washington Middle School will be safe, responsible, respectful and kind
Welcome! We are excited for a fun-filled year of building our sixth grade community with new friends, new responsibilities, and new engaging and exciting learning opportunities. Please contact us with any concerns or questions that may arise during the school year. Let’s have a great year!
Work Completion/ Academic Recovery Time:
One of our goals as a team is to develop quality work habits including time management and responsibility. Students will be given an agenda to bring and fill out to each class. Students will receives marks if he/she is tardy, neglects to complete homework, or is disrespectful and/or defiant. Upon receiving five marks for incomplete homework, a student will be assigned to a 30 minute academic recovery after school M-W. Upon receiving five marks for disrespect and/or defiance, the student will receive a 30 minute after school detention. After 10 marks in either area, a parent meeting will be scheduled along with a consequence. Students will receive positive marks and feedback in the agenda as well. Please take time to look over this page in the back of the agenda.
Absences and Makeup Work:
Students are responsible to make up missed work due to absences. Please email your teachers and check Google Classroom for make up work. Please inform the school office when students are absent. For multiple-day planned absences, please also fill out a prearranged absence slip at the office.
We will send a weekly email to Parents/Guardians. Please plan to read the email every week for important announcements, upcoming projects/assessments/assignments, and a general overview about what is happening in core classes.
Just a Few More Things:
- Masks are required while indoors.
- No access to lockers at the start of the year. Textbooks will be left in the classroom. Cleaning backpacks once a week will be helpful.
- Please bring a reusable water bottle. We may not have access to water fountains, but there are water bottle filling stations available.
- Take advantage of free lunches this year!
- Please contact the office to report a student absence or call the attendance hotline
(728-2400 Ext. 2667).
- Parent/teacher communication is very important to us. Please make sure your information in Infinite Campus (contact the office if you have questions) is updated.