Welcome to Arntzen and Olinger TeamTeamed for Success!
Alec Arntzen- Math, Science and HealthEmail: email@example.comPhone: (406)728-2400, ext. 2661Lissa Olinger-English Language Arts, Social Studies and PEEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: (406)728-2400, ext. 2688Ben Sivertsen--Special Education Case ManagerEmail: email@example.comPhone: (406)728-2400, ext. 2660
Team Grading Scale:
- F=59 and below
- Students will be on time and prepared for each class
- Students will be respectful and active learners
- Students will have a positive attitude
Students at Washington Middle School will be safe, responsible, respectful and kind
Welcome! We are excited for a fun-filled year of building our sixth grade community with new friends, new responsibilities, and new engaging and exciting learning opportunities. Please contact us with any concerns or questions that may arise during the school year. Let’s have a great year!
Work Completion/ Academic Recovery Time:
One of our goals as a team is to develop quality work habits including time management and responsibility. Students will be given an agenda to bring and fill out to each class. Students will receives marks if he/she is tardy, neglects to complete homework, or is disrespectful and/or defiant. Upon receiving five marks for incomplete homework, a student will be assigned to a 30 minute academic recovery after school M-W. Upon receiving five marks for disrespect and/or defiance, the student will receive a 30 minute after school detention. After 10 marks in either area, a parent meeting will be scheduled along with a consequence. Students will receive positive marks and feedback in the agenda as well. Please take time to look over this page in the back of the agenda.
Absences and Makeup Work:
Students are responsible to make up any and all missed work due to absences. Please fill out a an office prearranged absence slip for planned absences (two or more days) and contact the office to inform them of the day(s) the student will be absent.
Click the team calendar link to view upcoming projects, tests and important information. Our goal is not to minimize assigning multiple tests or projects on the same day when possible. Check out individual teacher calendars for classwork and assignments.
Helpful Hints for Success:
- Normal school schedule (Phase 3) morning routines: Breakfast begins at 7:45. Students who are not eating breakfast wait outside at the sixth grade doors-entrance doors are on Sussex Ave next to the West Gym- until the first bell rings at 8:07. The tardy bell rings at 8:15. Students who are later than 8:15 will need a tardy pass from the office.
- Please contact the office to report a student absence x2667.
- Parent guardian/teacher communication is very important to us. Sometimes emails end up in spam and/or junk folders--if you have not heard from your teacher after the first few weeks of school please contact us.
- You and your child should be logging into the Q Student Portal to see updated grades and missing assignments.