Boys Basketball Information
2021-22 Season is from 10/18-12/17.COACHES7th & 8th A team coach: Bryce Nederhoed email@example.com & 8th B1 team coach: Alan Fox firstname.lastname@example.org & 8th B2 team coach:
Game Schedule: This is subject to change. GAME SCHEDULE
- Athletic Agreement/Waiver & Code of Conduct: Parents must sign a Athletic Agreement/Waiver and the Code of Conduct for their child to participate in Athletics at the Middle school level. This is one form with two signatures. Students may get a copy of the waiver from the office or it can be downloaded below. The form must be returned to the office before they will be allowed to practice.
- Cost $25.00 per player, must be paid before the first game to participate.
- No student athlete may have an “F” in any subject during a five-week athletic season.
- Grade checks will occur the second, third and fourth Friday of each season to determine eligibility. Any student athlete, whose grade point average is below 2.0 and/or has an “F” in any subject, will be ineligible for the following 5 school days. Weekly grade checks will occur on Friday. If the student has raised their failing grades, the athlete will regain eligibility for the following week.
- Incomplete (I) may be given additional consideration for extenuating circumstances.
- During the 5 days of ineligibility, the student/athlete may practice.
- A student athlete who is in a prescribed special education class or 504 program and is not meeting academic eligibility will have grades reviewed to ensure all accommodations are being implemented. This review will be comprised of an administrator, parent, special education teacher and the teacher from the class the student is failing.
For activity participation, either in practice or competition, a student must be in class every scheduled period of the school day or have given documentation for an exempt absence to the attendance clerk or an administrator for that day. An exempt absence is defined as an absence due to a legal, medical/dental, bereavement or school sponsored reason. Students missing class due to an out of school suspension, unexcused and excused absences are ineligible on the day of the absence for practice or competition.
Students must also be at practice consistently. Chronic absences from practice will result in decreased playing time during games.
SPORT SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- First week of practice will be “Skills and Drills”
- Athletes will perform drills and take part in scrimmages so coaches can evaluate the skill level of participants. An evaluation tool will be used at each middle school. By Friday of the first week teams of equal talent will be created in all schools for 7th grade. 8th grade teams will be grouped according to ability level. Teams will be announced at the last practice of that week. There will be no special circumstances for making teams except for siblings.
- Second week of practice will be “Team Practice”
Where: 7th grade teams will practice in the Silver Gym, 8th grade in the Blue Gym. All games will be played in the Blue Gym.
- Third, Fourth, and Fifth week will be scheduled for games.
It is difficult to schedule games until we know the number of players and teams. Schedules will be available during the first or second week of the season.
- Running clock except for last two minutes of the game and during free throws. The clock will start once the ball is handed to the shooter on the second shot.
- Overtime 2 minutes with stopping of the clock
- Injury stops the clock or the referee
- Two timeouts per half per team ( One 30 second and one 60 second)
- Full court defense only in the last two minutes of the game if game is tied or your team is behind.
- The first game starts no later than 4:15. The second game starts 10 minutes after the end of the first game.
- Half time is five minutes.
- The goal of every coach will be to have every player participate in no more than approximately 75% of a game or less than 40% of a game. Each Player should be sitting out approximately on quarter of time.
- Three pointers are for 8th grade only.
- Coaches are responsible for managing equipment and assigning someone to complete the score book.
- Eight minute quarters.
- No Zone Defense
This letter will be sent home to the parents of all participants at the beginning of the season to explain the middle school basketball program.
Please call Kellen Palmer, Asst. Principal, with any questions at 728-2400 Extension 2651 or the school office at 542-4085