Girls Basketball Information
7th Grade Coach - Jeremy Kuchel - firstname.lastname@example.org Grade Coach - Tanner Hobbs - email@example.com
2019-20 SEASON INFORMATION
- Season - 9/30-11/8
- Signup Date - 9/23
- 1st Day of Practice - 9/30
- Game Schedule -
- Game schedule will be set after the first week of practice.
Medical Waiver: Parents must sign a medical waiver for their child to participate in Athletics at the middle school level. Students may get a copy of the waiver from the office and it must be returned to the office before they will be allowed to practice.
Cost $25.00 per player, must be paid before the first game to participate.
Attendance: For activity participation, either in practice or competition, a student must be in class every scheduled period of the school day or have given documentation for an exempt absence to the attendance clerk or an administrator for that day. An exempt absence is defined as an absence due to a legal, medical/dental, bereavement or school sponsored reason. Students missing class due to an out of school suspension, unexcused and excused absences are ineligible on the day of the absence for practice or competition.
Students must also be at practice consistently. Chronic absences from practice will result in decreased playing time during games.
Third, fourth, and fifth weeks are scheduled for games. It is difficult to schudule games until we know the number of players and teams. Schedules will be available during the first or second week of the season.
- No student athlete may have an “F” in any subject during a five-week athletic season.
- Grade checks will occur the second, third and fourth Friday of each season to determine eligibility. Any student athlete, who has an “F” in any subject, will be ineligible for games the following week. They remain eligible for practices. Weekly grade checks will occur on Friday. Students, who have raised their failing grades, will regain eligibility for the following week.
- Incomplete (I) may be given additiooal consideration for extenuating circumstances.
- During the 5 days of ineligibility, the student/athlete may practice.
- A student athlete who is in a prescribed special education class or 504 program and is not meeting academic eligibility will have grades reviewed to ensure all accommodations are being implemented. This review will be comprised of an administrator, parent, special education teacher and the teacher from the class the student is failing.
- Parents will be contacted if their child is ineligible for academic reasons.
- Running clock except for last two minutes of the game and during free throws. The clock will start once the ball is given to the shooter on the second shot.
- Overtime 2 minutes with stopping of the clock
- Injury stops the clock or the referee
- Two timeouts per half per team. (one 30 second and one 60 second)
- Full court defense only in the last two minutes of the game if the game is tied or a team is behind.
- The first game starts no later than 4:15. The second game starts 10 minutes after the end of the first game.
- Half time is five minutes.
- The goal of every (coach will be to have every player participate in no more than approximately 70% of a game or less than 40% of a game. (Each player should be sitting out approximately one quarter of time.
- Three point baskets are for 8th grade only.
- Coaches are responsible for managing equipment and for someone doing the score book.
- Eight minute quarters.
- No Zone Defense
Please call Russ Hendrickson, Asst. Principal, with any questions at 728-2400 Extension 8511 or the school office at 542-4085.