Welcome to the MCPS/MEA New Faculty Page. On this page you will find helpful resources on a variety of topics within MCPS. If you would like us to add a resource please email Brandy Thrasher O'Neill or Angela Knieper. We are happy to help!
Checklists & New Faculty-Mentor Guide:
Important Dates for 2022-23:
New Faculty Coaches and Mentors will be using resources out of Supporting Beginning Teachers to guide new teachers, which is provided by Marzano Research.
Network Improvement Community Team is implementing the protocol to build a new teacher program using Improvement Science, which can be found in Learning to Improve, provided by Carnegie Foundation.
New Faculty Blasts
Current 2022-23 New Faculty Blasts:
Tools for Teachers
- Blackboard Help
- Brain Breaks
- Curriculum & Priority Standards for MCPS
- District Forms
- Goals & Evaluation Forms, Field Trips, Etc
- English Language Learner (ELL) Resources
- Gmail - Creating Groups Using Labels
- Phones & Extensions
- Print Shop Google Order Form
- Print Shop Form for Email
- Print Shop Instructions
- Professional Goals, Standards, & Evaluation Forms
- Professional Learning Compensation Options & Info
- PIR, OPI, SAD, Stipends, College Credit
- PIR FAQ's
- Staff Directory
- Staff Specific Links Provided by MCPS
- Substitute Protocol & Plan Ideas Folder
- Technology - Approved List of Apps, Software etc.
- Voicemail Set Up Instructions
- Warehouse Supply Catalog
- Website ADA Compliance checker
- Website Building Tutorials for Staff
- Webpage Editors By School