Innovative Educational Programs Tax Credit
Missoula County Public Schools wants you to be aware of an opportunity to support our schools and help us enhance educational experiences for each and every student in our District!
Montana taxpayers may receive a dollar-for-dollar credit on their state income taxes, up to $200,000 per year, for donations to public schools in Montana!
Your donation can help MCPS expand our innovative educational programs that benefit our students through enhanced:
- Transformational and advanced learning opportunities for our students;
- Programs, services and equipment for students with disabilities;
- Work-based learning partnership for our students;
- Post-secondary credit or career certifications for our students; and
- Technologies that improve student experiences and opportunities.
This dollar-for-dollar tax credit is awarded on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. Individuals or corporations can donate up to $200,000 per year for our school’s innovative educational programs. The aggregate amount of tax credits that may be claimed statewide for 2024 is $5 million. Donated amounts may not exceed the taxpayer’s income tax liability, but may be carried forward for 3 years.
Learn more about donating to Innovative Educational Programs at MCPS!
Fill out an Innovative Tax Credit Donation Form.
The District's business and financial services are located in the MCPS Business Building at 909 South Avenue West in Missoula. The building houses the following offices: