Welcome to MCPS High Schools

  • This page will provide you with information about our enrollment process, transfer request process and course selection. If you have questions about this process, please contact Amy Shattuck, Assistant Superintendent, at 728-2400 ext. 1023. 


Register/Enroll for High School

  • Families with an 8th grade student already enrolled within Missoula County Public Schools (CS Porter, Meadow Hill, or Washington) can log into the Infinite Campus Parent Portal to verify the student's information is correct.  Please contact your school's office if you need assistance with logging into the Parent Portal.

    Families with an 8th grade student not already enrolled within Missoula County Public Schools (CS Porter, Meadow Hill, or Washington) will receive a packet in the mail that includes:

    Families need to return these forms along with the following:

    1. A Copy of the student's Birth Certificate.  (The hospital issued Certificate of Live Birth is NOT a birth certificate.)
    2. A copy of the student's complete immunization records, OR State of Montana Certificate of Immunization (blue form). Please review immunization requirements to ensure your child is fully immunized.
    3. Address Verification - two items that verify physical home address, such as utility bill, phone bill or lease agreement.

    Once we receive these forms, students will be assigned to a high school according to their home address. If you are curious about our current attendance boundaries, check out the map on our website or visit our  "Infofinder I" search page. You can search by home address and find out which schools serve that address, as well identify nearby bus stops and service times. If you live in an area where students walk to school, the results will indicate "walking boundary."

Transfer Request Process

  • This is only completed by those who wish to transfer to another high school. 

    Please visit the high school transfer request webpage for the transfer request form, information, and deadlines.  The transfer request form and accompanying materials* must be completed and returned to our MCPS District Office at 909 South Avenue West by the deadline. Packets received after the deadline will not be considered for transfer request.

    *The following items must be returned with a transfer request:

    • A letter from student detailing explanation for the request 
    • A letter from parent/guardian detailing explanation for the request
    • Documents supporting reason for request. (NOTE: Staff are not allowed to provide a letter of support.) 
    • Current and previous progress report schedule or most current report card if not in high school yet 


Course Requests

  • Coming soon!  High school counselors work with eighth grade counselors to support students in the course request process in Spring 2024.

    • School counselors will work with eighth grade students during the school day to select their courses.

Student Information Systems

  • If you are new to our school district, here is a quick rundown of the student information system we use.

    Infinite CampusMissoula County Public Schools currently uses software called Infinite Campus to house and process information about students. Infinite Campus provides direct web-based access to a student's grades, assignments, transcripts, attendance, activities, meal balance and other helpful information. Infinite Campus users include students, parents, administrators, staff and teachers. Each user is assigned a user name and password, and is limited in the information the user can view.