MCPS Coronavirus Updates
COVID TestingMCPS Health Services offers COVID-19 testing at 915 South Ave. West for MCPS staff and students. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends those with symptoms of COVID-19 be tested as soon as possible. The CDC also recommends that both vaccinated and unvaccinated close contacts to a positive case of COVID-19 get tested 5-7 days after last exposure.MCPS staff and students may email or call the MCPS COVID Testing Department at email@example.com or 406-240-4721 to schedule a COVID test. Please note that testing hours may be limited and are not available on weekends or during school closures. If an appointment is not available, please seek testing at the health department by calling 406-258-INFO or another testing site. A list of other testing sites can be found on this link.
Update: December 17, 2021
The MCPS Phase 3 Safe Return to School Plan was drafted in the spring of 2021. The plan has been continually updated, based on the ongoing changes with response to the pandemic. In addition, the plan has changed based on feedback from District stakeholders as well as guidance from the County Health Office. You can view the entire plan here.Update: August 3, 2021
In May 2021, the Superintendent shared the MCPS Phase 3 Reopen Plan for Fall 2021. The plan has been reviewed and revised during the summer months, based on new guidance from the CDC and local County Health Office. You can view the plan here.
Highlights of the MCPS Phase 3 Reopen Plan include:
Safety and Health Protocols
- Handwashing and steps to limit germ transmission are pro-actively taught and dedicated time throughout the day
- Frequent sanitizing of surfaces and bathrooms
- Face coverings (TBD)
- Visitors will be allowed
Traditional School Model
- On-site learning will return to every day for all students, with a full schedule
- Students will rotate through schedules and routines as normal
- Extra-curricular activities will return as normal with mitigation strategies
- 100% virtual learning available to students based on personalized learning plan, through the Missoula Online Academy.
We will also adjust the school day schedule for next year to:
- K-5: 8:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. (all grades release at the same time)
- Thursdays early release 2:30 p.m.
- 6-8: 7:50 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
- Thursdays early release at 2:00 p.m.
- 9-12: 8:55 a.m. - 3:55 p.m.
- Thursdays late start at 9:40 a.m.