This communication service provides messaging to parents via phone call, email, text message, and app notifications. Parent phone numbers and email contacts in the ParentLink system are imported from our student information system. Schools only have the ability to send a message through MCPS ParentLink to parents' and high school students' phone numbers, SMS text numbers, and email addresses.
Update Information: If you wish to change the phone number, SMS text number, or email address through which you receive school messages, please contact your student's school and request that your contact information be updated or changed. Generally, the school secretary can assist with this task.
If you would like to customize what types of messages you receive on each phone number, SMS number, and email, please visit our website at https://www.mcpsmt.org and click on WebConnect and then click on ParentLink Help under the FOR PARENTS menu.
Users can opt out of:
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard Phone Hotline at "855-502-STOP (855-502-7867)".
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply STOP to any Blackboard system test or to "60680" for non-emergency messages. Reply STOP to "54968" to opt out of emergency messages.
- Emails: Click the unsubscribe link from any email they receive.
Users can opt back into:
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard Phone Hotline at "855-502-STOP (855-502-7867)" from the phone line that has been opted out.
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply START to "60680" from the phone line that has been opted out for non-emergency messages. Reply START to "54968" for emergency messages.