Boys Basketball Information
2021-22 Season is from 10/18-12/17.COACHES7th & 8th A team coach: Bryce Nederhoed email@example.com & 8th B1 team coach: Alan Fox firstname.lastname@example.org
Game Schedule: This is subject to change. GAME SCHEDULE
Practice times: Practices will be 2:45-4:30 on Mon, Tues and Wed. Thursday they will run from 2:00-3:30. Coaches may hold some Friday practices and they will communicate this out to parents each week.
- Athletic Agreement/Waiver & Code of Conduct: Parents must sign a Athletic Agreement/Waiver and the Code of Conduct for their child to participate in Athletics at the Middle school level. This is one form with two signatures. Students may get a copy of the waiver from the office or it can be downloaded below. The form must be returned to the office before they will be allowed to practice.
- Cost $25.00 per player, must be paid before the first game to participate.
- No student athlete may have an “F” in any subject during a five-week athletic season.
- Grade checks will occur the second, third and fourth Friday of each season to determine eligibility. Any student athlete, whose grade point average is below 2.0 and/or has an “F” in any subject, will be ineligible for the following 5 school days. Weekly grade checks will occur on Friday. If the student has raised their failing grades, the athlete will regain eligibility for the following week.
- Incomplete (I) may be given additional consideration for extenuating circumstances.
- During the 5 days of ineligibility, the student/athlete may practice.
- A student athlete who is in a prescribed special education class or 504 program and is not meeting academic eligibility will have grades reviewed to ensure all accommodations are being implemented. This review will be comprised of an administrator, parent, special education teacher and the teacher from the class the student is failing.
For activity participation, either in practice or competition, a student must be in class every scheduled period of the school day or have given documentation for an exempt absence to the attendance clerk or an administrator for that day. An exempt absence is defined as an absence due to a legal, medical/dental, bereavement or school sponsored reason. Students missing class due to an out of school suspension, unexcused and excused absences are ineligible on the day of the absence for practice or competition.
Students must also be at practice consistently. Chronic absences from practice will result in decreased playing time during games..
Please call Kellen Palmer, Asst. Principal, with any questions at 728-2400 Extension 2651 or the school office at 542-4085