2024 Spring Track Season
Grades 6th, 7th & 8thUPDATESTrack practice will start on Monday, April 1st. It will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday right after school for 1.5 hours.COACHESHead Coach - Dana Maki - firstname.lastname@example.orgAssistant Coaches:- Bryce Nederhoed- Jenna Hoppe- Brady Brown- Andrea Mooney
2024 SEASON INFORMATION
- Season - 4/1-5/21
- Signup Date - 3/27
- 1st Day of Practice - 4/1
- Meet Schedule
- 5/21 Meet of Champions 10:00am-4pm.
- Students will be bussed from school to the meets. Parents will need to pick them up from the stadium after the meets.
Welcome to Wildcat track. We are all looking forward to a fun-filled, action-packed, successful season! This is just a brief note to inform you of what to expect this season.
Students will be required to turn in the following two items TO THE OFFICE by Friday March 29th, or they will be unable to compete or practice until these two items are turned in.
- MCPS Waiver and Concussion release
- Signature of an adult and student signature
- $25 Activity Fee and $5 shirt fee
- Make checks payable to Washington Middle School.
- Scholarships are available. Speak to Mr.Palmer, if you need scholarship.
- Due to the large number of athletes that participate in track, a Code of Conduct will be sent home the first day of track that will have student athlete expectations for the season including behavioral expectations. If a student receives 3 minor ODR's (as defined by the WMS student handbook) they will not be able to participate in the next event. If a student receives 5 minor ODR's they will be removed from the team. If a student receives 1 major ODR, they will not be able to participate in the next event. If a student receives 2 major ODR's they will be removed from the team. Any behavior that results in a citation from law enforcement will be cause for immediate removal from the team.
- April 1st thru May 21st
- Monday - Wednesday from 2:45 - 4:30 and Thursday 2:00-3:30
- Practices are mandatory if athletes expect to participate at the meets.
- Attendance will be taken daily, so make sure you are there on time.
- We understand emergencies arise but please try to avoid scheduling appointments etc. when there is practice after school.
- Please communicate with a coach if you are going to miss practice.
- Athletes are required to have a minimum of 6 practices in before the first competition.
- If athletes have not made an effort to communicate about any absences, he or she may not be registered for the events in the next track meet.
- 5/21-Meet of Champions 10:00am-4:00pm
- Washington will supply all equipment needed (e.g. shot puts, batons, tape measures)
- Athletes are responsible for bringing the following to all practices and games:
- Athletic apparel-shorts or sweats you can move in, tennis shoes (SPIKES are allowed as long as they are 1/8 inch pyramid spikes)
- WATER! Very important as we sometimes practice at the Sentinel track.
- Snacks-you know your own body…if you need fuel, prepare! Make it healthy!
- Warm clothes-remember it is spring in Montana…hats, gloves, tights, rain gear may be necessary!
- For meets, athletes need to remember to wear their Washington track T-shirt.