Washington Middle School Cross Country (6th, 7th & 8th)
If your student athlete was not invited to the Google Classroom, please have them join the class using this code: p6ztgad
2022-23 SEASON INFORMATION
- Season - 9/6-10/164
- Signup Date - 8/31
- Coaches - Tori Wilson, Liz Ensz, Brady Brown and Lucy Valentine
- 1st Day of Practice for 7th & 8th grade: Tuesday, September 6th
- 1st Day of Practice for 6th grade: Wednesday, September 7th
- Practice Schedule - Mon – Wed 2:55 – 4:30 p.m. & Thur 2:05 – 3:30 p.m.
- PLEAE NOTE: There will be NO PRACTICE on Monday 9/19/22, and Wednesday 10/5/22
- Meet Schedule -
- Athletic Agreement/Waiver & Code of Conduct: Parents must sign an Athletic Agreement/Waiver and the Code of Conduct for their child to participate in Athletics at the middle school level. This is one form with two signatures. Students may get a copy of the waiver from the office or it can be downloaded below. The form must be returned to the office before they are allowed to practice.
- Cost $35.00 per player: $25 athletic fee, $10 for the first meet on Saturday, September 17th
- Please bring weather-appropriate exercise clothing, comfortable running shoes, a snack, and a WATER BOTTLE to all practices and meets! (Let your coaches know if you need help obtaining a water bottle).
- Behavior Eligibility
- Students are expected to be ready to start practice at 2:55/3:00.
- Students are expected to demonstrate safety, respect and responsibility during every practice and event. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility for practices as well as meets.
- The behavior plan is as follows: First offense will be a warning between coach and student-athlete. Second, there will be communication with the student-athlete's caregiver/guardian. A third offense will result in student-athlete's ineligibility to attend practice or compete in events.
- No student athlete may have an “F” in any subject during a five-week athletic season.
- Grade checks will occur on the second, third and fourth Friday of each season to determine eligibility. Any student athlete whose grade point average is below 2.0 and/or has an “F” in any subject, will be ineligible for the following 5 school days. Weekly grade checks will occur on Friday. If the student has raised their failing grades, the athlete will regain eligibility for the following week.
- Incomplete (I) may be given additional consideration for extenuating circumstances.
- During the 5 days of ineligibility, the student/athlete may practice.
- A student athlete who is in a prescribed special education class or 504 program and is not meeting academic eligibility will have grades reviewed to ensure all accommodations are being implemented. This review will be comprised of an administrator, guardians, special education teacher and the teacher from the class the student is failing.
For activity participation, either in practice or competition, a student must be in class every scheduled period of the school day or have given documentation for an exempt absence to the attendance clerk or an administrator for that day. An exempt absence is defined as an absence due to a legal, medical/dental, bereavement or school-sponsored reason. Students missing class due to an out of school suspension, unexcused and excused absences are ineligible on the day of the absence for practice or competition.
Students must also be at practice consistently.