Information of Testing of ELLs

  • SBAC

    What is required and allowed for English Learners

    • Math and Science are required by the Montana Office of Public Instruction regardless of a student’s English proficiency or date of enrollment.

    • English Language Arts is generally required, but is not required for newcomers during the first calendar year since the date of entry into the United States.

    • EL students are allowed all Universal Tools and some Designated Supports*.
    *Designated supports are those features that are available for use by any student for whom the need
    has been indicated by an educator (or team of educators with parent/guardian and student).


    OPI Guideline