TRACK & FIELD6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Boys and Girls
The Track and Field season runs from Tuesday April 6th - Monday May 19th
Head Coach: Charlie Struna
Asst Coaches: Don Griffith, Janicka Umile, JJ Blood, Rae Baerlocher, Greg Imhoff, Britney Matz, Alyssa Johnson, Shealyn Hafer, Peggy Racicot
Participation Forms: Athletic Waiver, Concussion, Field Trip Form, and the Participation
Fee ($25) turning into the office (scholarships available) BEFORE APRIL 6th TO BE OFFICIALLY REGISTERED AND ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN TRACK. NO LATE FORMS/REGISTRATION WILL BE PERMITTED.
- Athletes work on developing skill and technique, and event selection - 3-5 event
- Practice: Any "In-Person" school day, except for Fridays from 1:30pm - 3:00pm
- There will be a couple times where the team goes to Sentinel to practice on their track. Please see schedule above
- During the first 2 weeks the coaches will work with athletes on developing skills, technique, and events selection.
- Clothing - tennis shoes, shorts/sweats, t-shirt
- Due to the HIGH number of athletes going into the building for a drink and then 'skipping' the rest of practice; athletes will no longer be allowed in the buidling during practice
- Athletes MUST dress out, use the bathroom, and bring water bottles, there will be no water supplied due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Athletes not attending practice without parent/guardian permission (or skipping out) will not participate in the following track meet - athlete must notify coach ahead of time, before practice
- Students are not permitted to leave campus after school, then return for practice. Once a student has left campus, they are not allowed to participate for the rest of the day.
- Athletes will be bused to and from meets from the school, meets begin at various times - please see schedule. Please arrive at MH 15 minutes before scheduled departure time.
- Athletes can be picked up from Sentinel Stegner Field or can ride the bus back to Meadow Hill
- Meet are scheduled for the following dates
- Monday, April 19th Sentinel Stegner Field
- 3pm - 5pm
- If you are riding the bus to the meet from Meadow Hill, please arrive at Meadow Hill at 2pm
- Meadow Hill Only Meet
- Monday, May 17th To be determined
- 6th Grade: 9am - 11am
- 7th Grade: 12pm - 2pm
- 8th Grade: 3pm - 5pm
- Monday, April 19th Sentinel Stegner Field
- Head Coach, Charlie Struna: 728-2400 ext. 2057 or email@example.com
- Asst. Principal, Chris Whiteman: 728-2400 ext. 2088 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Parents and/or Guardians:
Wednesday, April 14th, we will have our first Track practice at Sentinel’s Stegner Field. The student-athletes will travel to Sentinel as a group; some will run, some will walk. If your child has a bike, and would like to ride it there, we will need to know in advance so that we can plan to have at least one coach on a bicycle to accompany anyone that rides. All track athletes will have supervision going over, as we are traveling as a team. We will take the following route: 39th to Paxson to McDonald. We will cross Russell Street at the light and will go through Russell school playground to the bike/walk trails and take those the rest of the way to the high school track. When I walked this route it took me 35 minutes, and I lived through the experience, so I think the kids will do just fine. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about your child practicing at Sentinel. PICK YOUR CHILD UP FROM THE TRACK AT 3:30 on those days (April 14, 28, and May 12). Thank you.
Meadow Hill Track Meet 4/19/2021
Sentinel’s Stegner Field, Corner of Higgins and South. 3:00-5:00 PM
This is a remote learning day for students. They are expected to do their remote learning as well as their track meet. There is no transportation to Meadow Hill on remote days. We are providing a track bus, however. Student-Athletes are to arrive at Meadow Hill at 2:00 pm if planning to ride the bus to the track meet. The bus will leave Meadow Hill at 2:15, for arrival at Stegner Field at 2:30. If not riding the bus, athletes are expected to be at Stegner at 2:30. Please do not arrive sooner, as we will not be allowed on the track until the school before us is done. We will provide a bus back to Meadow Hill after the track meet
NO SPECTATORS allowed at this meet. We do need some helpers to run events and do tasks such as measuring, raking, and timing. If you are interested in helping at this meet, please let Coach Struna know via email: email@example.com. Track meet helpers will be placed on a first come, first served basis.