Boys Basketball Information
2022 Meadow Hill Boys BasketballGrades: 7/8Coaches: JJ Blood, Rae BaerlocherImportant Dates:
Game SchedulesBussing Schedule
- 2022 Season: 10/17-12/17
- Final Day to Signup: Monday, October 17
- 1st Day of Practice – Monday, October 24
PaperworkStudents will be required to turn in the following three items by Friday, Oct. 14th, before practice begins.
- Bussing is provided to the games ONLY. Student athletes must have a parent/guardian transport them home from the game. The only exception to this is if the basketball game is scheduled to be played in Frenchtown, Lolo, Bonner or Clinton. If the game is in Frenchtown, Lolo, Bonner or Clinton, the Beach Transportation bus will stay on site and students will have the option to be transported back to Meadow Hill after the game(s) are complete.
- MCPS Athletics Waiver
- Signature of an adult and student’s printed name.
- $25 Activity Fee
- Make checks payable to Meadow Hill Middle School.
- Contact Gloria Evjen (email@example.com) if you are in need of a scholarship.
- MCPS Concussion Protocol
Copies of the above forms can be found in the Meadow Hill office as well as on the Meadow Hill website under the Activities page, or by clicking the links above.Academic Eligibility
- No student athlete may have an “F” in any subject during a five-week athletic season.
- If a student receives a major ODR during the season, the athlete will sit during the next game/competition.
- Grade checks will occur on the Friday of each season to determine eligibility. Any student athlete who has an “F” in any subject, will be ineligible for the following 5 school days. Weekly grade checks will occur on Friday. If the student has raised their failing grades, the athlete will regain eligibility for the following week.
- Incomplete (I) may be given additional consideration for extenuating circumstances.
- During the 5 days of ineligibility, the student/athlete may practice.
- A student athlete who is in a prescribed special education class or 504 program and is not meeting academic eligibility will have grades reviewed to ensure all accommodations are being implemented. This review will be comprised of an administrator, parents, a special education teacher and the teacher from the class the student is failing.
- 3:00- 4:30 Monday-Wednesday each week of the season starting Monday, October 24, unless there is a game scheduled. Thursday Practice will be held from 2:00-3:30.
- Transportation is not provided after practice, so each athlete will need to plan for their own transportation at 4:30 PM on days of practice (3:30 on Thursdays)
- Practices are mandatory if athletes expect to participate in the games. If a student athlete is not able to attend a practice, they must inform their coach prior to the practice.
- Attendance will be taken daily. Student athletes should arrive to practice in a timely manner.
- Athletes are required to have a minimum of 4 practices before the first competition.
- Meadow Hill will supply jerseys for the competition as well as all the equipment needed.
- Athletes are responsible for bringing the following to all practices and games:
- Athletic apparel-clothing you can move in, tennis shoes.
- Water bottle
- Snacks if wanted.
Contact Tiffany Hobbs at 728-2400, ext. 2088 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.