7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball
The Girls' Basketball season runs from Monday September 30 - Friday, November 8. Games will begin week three.
Coaches: JJ Blood & Charlie Struna (7th Grade), TBD (8th Grade)
- Beginning of the season PRACTICE SCHEDULE
- First 2 weeks of the season are practice with the game schedule coming out week 2: games begin week 3
- 7th Grade & 8th Grade Practice: Mon – Wed & Fri 3:30 – 5:00 p.m; Thur. 2:30 - 4:00
- During the first 2 weeks the coaches will work with students on drills, skill ability, and techniques to develop teams:
- 7th Grade: equal ability teams
- 8th Grade: depending on the number of athletes, our goal is to have a higher skill ability team and a developing skill ability team.
- Athletes should wear basketball shoes to support their ankles. They are required at the 8th grade level.
- Athletes will be bused to games after school, with games beginning at approximately 4:15 p.m. and 5:15p.m.
- Athletes need to be picked up directly following the game as they will not be bused back to school
- The Athletic Waiver, Participation Fee and Concussion forms must be turned into the office by the FIRST DAY of practice. The Participation fee is $25. Extra forms are at the main office or on the Meadow Hill website https://www.mcpsmt.org/meadowhill
- If you have questions regarding participation, fees, waivers, schedule, etc. please contact your athletes coach, or Alanna Vaneps, Assistant Principal, at 542-4045 or email@example.com