2022 Meadow Hill Cross Country Season
Head Coach: Janicka Umile
- 2021 Season: 9/6-10/14
- Final Day to Signup: Friday, September 2
- 1st Day of Practice – Tuesday, September 6
Saturday, September 17: University of Montana Golf Course; Time TBD
Thursday, September 29: Missoula Schools Middle School Meet, Fort Missoula, 4:00
Thursday, October 13: Runner's Edge Meet at Linda Vista Golf Course; Time TBD
Students will be required to turn in the following three items by Tuesday, September 6, before practice begins.
- MCPS Athletics Waiver
- Signature of an adult and student’s printed name.
- $25 Activity Fee
- Make checks payable to Meadow Hill Middle School.
- Contact Gloria Evjen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are in need of a scholarship.
- MCPS Concussion Protocol
Copies of the above forms can be found in the Meadow Hill office as well as on the Meadow Hill website under the Activities page.
- No student athlete may have an “F” in any subject during a five-week athletic season.
- Grade checks will occur on Friday of each week of the season to determine eligibility. Any student athlete who has an “F” in any subject, will be ineligible for the following 5 school days. Weekly grade checks will occur on Friday. If the student has raised their failing grades, the athlete will regain eligibility for the following week.
- Incomplete (I) may be given additional consideration for extenuating circumstances.
- During the 5 days of ineligibility, the student/athlete may practice.
- A student athlete who is in a prescribed special education class or 504 program and is not meeting academic eligibility will have grades reviewed to ensure all accommodations are being implemented. This review will be comprised of an administrator, parent, special education teacher and the teacher from the class the student is failing.
- 3:00- 4:15 M-Th each week of the season starting Tuesday, September 6, unless there is a meet scheduled.
- Transportation is not provided after practice, so each athlete will need to plan for their own transportation at 4:15 PM on days of practice.
- Practices are mandatory if athletes expect to participate at the meets. If a student athlete is not able to attend a practice, they must inform their coach prior to the practice.
- Attendance will be taken daily. Student athletes should arrive to practice in a timely manner.
- Athletes are required to have a minimum of 4 practices before the first competition.
Cross Country Meets
- Meet dates will be announced when they are finalized.
- Please inform your coach if you will be unable to attend a meet.
- TRANSPORTATION To MEET. Student athletes must have a parent/guardian transport them from the meet.
- Bussing will be provided TO meet ONLY, with the exception of the meet on Saturday, Sept. 17th.
- Meadow Hill will supply jerseys for the competition as well as all the equipment needed.
- Athletes are responsible for bringing the following to all practices and games:
- Athletic apparel-clothing you can move in, tennis shoes.
- Water bottle
- Snacks if wanted.
- Warm clothes: Be sure to dress appropriately for the weather.
We appreciate any volunteers that will be willing to assist during the meets.
Please visit our volunteer website here to begin the onboarding process!
Contact Tiffany Hobbs at 728-2400, ext. 2088 or email at email@example.com.