MCPS Coronavirus Updates
COVID TestingMCPS Health Services offers COVID-19 testing at 915 South Ave. West for MCPS staff and students. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends those with symptoms of COVID-19 be tested as soon as possible. The CDC also recommends that both vaccinated and unvaccinated close contacts to a positive case of COVID-19 get tested 5-7 days after last exposure.MCPS staff and students may email or call the MCPS COVID Testing Department at email@example.com or 406-240-4721 to schedule a COVID test. Please note that testing hours may be limited and are not available on weekends or during school closures. If an appointment is not available, please seek testing at the health department by calling 406-258-INFO or another testing site. A list of other testing sites can be found on this link.
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic for children ages 5 to 11 years old
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has approved the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for 5- to 11-year-olds, and the vaccine was made available in Missoula County starting November 8, 2021, at the Missoula City-County Health Department and through other local providers.
Missoula County Public Schools is again partnering with our local pediatric physician groups, pharmacists, and our City-County Health Department to provide a clinic for families. The first clinic was held November 12 and 13. The second clinic is scheduled for December 3 and 4, in the same location (MCPS Administration Building A at 909 South Avenue W.).
This clinic is ONLY for 5- to 11-year-old children, and a guardian must be present for both doses. An appointment is required. If parents have more than one child who is between the ages of 5 and 11 years old, an appointment must be scheduled for each child who will be receiving a vaccine.
If you are looking to schedule your child's second dose, please check your email; links were emailed by Granite Pharmacy on November 22 and 23 to those who received their first dose at the first MCPS vaccine clinic.
Update: August 3, 2021
In May 2021, the Superintendent shared the MCPS Phase 3 Reopen Plan for Fall 2021. The plan has been reviewed and revised during the summer months, based on new guidance from the CDC and local County Health Office. You can view the plan here.
Highlights of the MCPS Phase 3 Reopen Plan include:
Safety and Health Protocols
- Handwashing and steps to limit germ transmission are pro-actively taught and dedicated time throughout the day
- Frequent sanitizing of surfaces and bathrooms
- Face coverings (TBD)
- Visitors will be allowed
Traditional School Model
- On-site learning will return to every day for all students, with a full schedule
- Students will rotate through schedules and routines as normal
- Extra-curricular activities will return as normal with mitigation strategies
- 100% virtual learning available to students based on personalized learning plan, through the Missoula Online Academy.
We will also adjust the school day schedule for next year to:
- K-5: 8:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. (all grades release at the same time)
- Thursdays early release 2:30 p.m.
- 6-8: 7:50 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
- Thursdays early release at 2:00 p.m.
- 9-12: 8:55 a.m. - 3:55 p.m.
- Thursdays late start at 9:40 a.m.