Volunteer Application Process
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with Missoula County Public Schools (MCPS). We are proud of the strong partnership between MCPS employees and the hundreds of parents and community members dedicating their time and knowledge toward the enhancement of educational services in our schools. The District offers a variety of volunteer opportunities, from assisting teachers in the classroom, mentoring senior class projects, or accompanying students on field trips, to working directly with outside agencies that provide additional services in our schools. These outside agencies include Flagship, Missoula Writing Coaches of Missoula, and Missoula Aging Services.All volunteers in Missoula County Public Schools MUST complete an application and, depending on their desired volunteer activities, pass a background check prior to working in a school or classroom. Volunteers will be classified as Supervised or Unsupervised.
- Supervised volunteers are cleared only for student contact in the presence/supervision of an MCPS employee or approved program supervisor.
- Unsupervised volunteers are cleared for student contact with or without the presence/supervision of an MCPS employee (i.e. teacher, administrator).
Supervised volunteers must complete:
Unsupervised volunteers must complete:
- District Volunteer Application (pdf version)
- Confidentiality Agreement (pdf version)
- Background Check Form (pdf version) and $6.00 Processing Fee
Submitting Background Checks:
Volunteers have two options for submitting background checks, either online or in hard copy. The online method requires payment, via credit card, prior to completing the form. The hard copy method allows potential volunteers to submit hard copy materials in person or via U.S. Mail to the following to: MCPS Administration, Attn: Volunteer Coordinator, 215 South 6th Street West, Missoula, MT 59801. Checks must be made payable to MCPS and must include the volunteers name on the memo line.