As of Wednesday, September 9, 2020 all MCPS meals will be provided free of charge to all students. These meals are also available to all youth in the community under 18 years of age.
Meals will be free through the end of the school year!
- Meals provided in schools will still include a hot option.
- Students will still need to provide their lunch number when ordering lunch during the school day. This is only to help us with our tracking, this will NOT charge the student’s account.
- Grab and go meals will include breakfast along with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or a deli sandwich option.
- Grab and go meals are available at each school site to:
- Students on remote learning days (including Mondays)
- Students attending the MCPS Online Academy
- Any youth under 18 - even homeschooled and private school students
- Anyone can pick up meals on behalf of a student
This has been made possible due to a waiver from the US Department of Agriculture via the Summer Food Service Program.
All previous meal balances incurred before September 9th must still be paid. Elementary and Middle School families will receive a charge slip sent home with their student if they have an unpaid balance. High School families can check their balance on their Q Parent Portal or ask the staff in the kitchen for a current balance.