Frequently Asked Questions
If my student is unable to attend the class we registered for, will we receive a refund?
You may either request a refund, which will be issued through the MCPS Business Office, or you may transfer the fee to the appropriate class. Fees are non-refundable if your student has started the class. (Special circumstances may be considered.)
Is there any financial discounts or assistance available to pay the $340 tuition?
Not at this time.
How many days can my student miss and still pass?
Students may miss up to 3 classes to pass the course.
My student has completed the Traffic Education class. How does my student obtain a driver's license?
The Montana Motor Vehicle Division requires students to call or schedule an appointment to apply for the Montana Driver's License. Call 1-866-450-8034 or click here
to schedule an appointment. At the time of the appointment, students will need to bring the following:
- Original birth certificate
- Original social security card
- Proof of residency (report card, cancelled mail, etc.)
- Driver's log (must have 50 hours of practice driving, 10 hours at night)
- Learner's Permit (If lost, the instructor cannot re-issue. Students will have to request a duplicate through the Motor Vehicle Division for a fee of $15.)
- Current car registration
- Proof of valid auto liability insurance