Prekindergarten Foundation for the Montana Common Core Standards
This document focuses extensively on the learning styles of young children and addresses this unique stage of developing learning abilities as well as targeted information and specific skills.
The following five distinct but highly interrelated domains provide the structure for the MCPS Prekindergarten Foundation for Montana Common Core Standards:
- Approaches to Learning Domain - initiating and enhancing children's involvement in learning and acquiring knowledge.
- Physical Development and Health Domain - children's physical health, movement, and ability to engage in daily activities.
- Social and Emotional Development Domain - emerging emotional competence and ability to build positive relationships that add meaning to children's experiences in the home, school, and larger community.
- Communication, Language, and Literacy Domain - children's creation, communication, and understanding of meaning.
- Cognition and Knowledge of the World Domain - children's needed knowledge and understanding about their world and how they apply what they know. This domain is the most direct reflection of the content competencies and knowledge of the Montana Common Core Standards.
Choose from the following links to view portions of the document:
Table of Contents
Mission, Vision, and Goals
Review Committee and Introduction
Physical Development & Health Domain
Social and Emotional Domain
Communication, Language, & Literacy Domain
Cognition & Knowledge of the World Domain
I - NY State Foundation for the Common Core
II - Joint Statement of the NAEYC & NAECS-SDE
III - Indian Education For All
IV - Teaching About Controversial Issues
V - Adopted Materials