Return to School Workgroup Explores Options for a Safe and Healthy 2020-21 School Year
It is the intention of Missoula County Public Schools to reopen our schools for in-person, face-to-face instruction for the 2020-21 school year.
As we put together our plan for reopening our 18 school campuses, we want to share the guiding principles that inform our decisions:
- Our plan will be responsive to the physical and mental health and wellness of our students and staff.
- Our plan will be based on the COVID-19 outbreak conditions in Missoula and surrounding counties.
- Our plan will adhere to the guidelines and directives of the Governor, the Missoula City County Health Department, the Montana Office of Public Instruction, and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Our plan relies on flexibility, adaptation, and collaboration from students, families, staff, and the greater Missoula community.
- We recognize that Seeley Lake High School, Willard Alternative Learning High School Program and Jefferson Early Learning Center have smaller student populations and will be able to host more students in a face to face instructional setting.
- The changing nature of the COVID-19 virus will mean that our plan will change and adapt to new guidance. We will continue to provide updates to our plan for parents and families.
Please see the resources on this page to learn more about what instruction in the fall may look like for your student.