Families in Transition
The Families in Transition (FIT) Program is here to assist Hawthorne students & families, through the McKinney-Vento Act, that are experiencing homelessness, experiencing housing instability, are displaced, are in transition, experiencing housing distress, and/or economic hardship. FIT works as a bridge between those families, the school & district staff to empower students to stay in & remain successful in school as lifelong learners. The FIT Coordinator also provides families access to community resources & services helping to ensure students get their needs met.
- Distribution of the EmPower Pack Program
- School supply & backpack assistance
- My Student in Need assistance
- School-wide Toiletries Drive
- Holiday Giving Tree
- Receiving & distributing clothing donations
- Linking families to Community Resources
Families in Transition - Office Hours
- Monday: 8:15am – 4pm
- Tuesday: 8:15am – 4pm
- Wednesday: 8:25am - 4pm
- Thursday: 8:15am – 3:30pm
- Friday: 8:15am – 4pm
We understand these hours are not accessible for all families needing assistance. Contact the FIT Coordinator at 406-728-2400 x4271 to schedule a more convient time.