FAMILIES IN TRANSITION
The Families in Transition (FIT) Program is here to assist Hawthorne students & families, through the McKinney-Vento Act, that are experiencing homelessness, experiencing housing instability, are displaced, are in transition, experiencing housing distress, and/or economic hardship. FIT works as a bridge between those families, the school & district staff to empower students to stay in & remain successful in school as lifelong learners. The FIT Coordinator also provides families access to community resources & services helping to ensure students get their needs met.
- Distribution of the EmPower Pack Program
- School supply & backpack assistance
- My Student in Need assistance
- School-wide Toiletries Drive
- Holiday Giving Tree
- Receiving & distributing clothing donations
- Linking families to Community Resources
We understand these hours are not accessible for all families needing assistance. Contact the FIT Coordinator at 406-728-2400 x2250 to schedule a more convenient time.