End of the Year Information
LAST TWO WEEKS OF SCHOOL:
June 1st-5th, students and families will have access to daily learning templates just like the past 8 weeks. However, the focus of these activities will be review, intervention and enrichment lessons. In addition, the district Teaching and Learning department will also have activities linked in classroom lesson plans as well.
June 8th-11th- All engagement and enrichment activities will be provided by our district Teaching and Learning department. Much like it looked when we returned from spring break. We will have summer learning activities up on our district website through June 30th. This is ALL optional and available if families want and choose.
STUDENT PICKUP SCHEDULE AND PROTOCOL:
As a reminder, we have identified June 8th and June 9th as our student pick up days for collecting items from school. Please note:
- K-2 will pick up items on June 8th
- K: 9-11 am
- 1: 11am-1pm
- 2: 1-3 pm
- 3-5 will pick up items on June 9th
- 3: 9-11am
- 4: 11am-1pm
- 5: 1-3 pm
- For families with siblings or multiple students, please come on the youngest child’s day and time
- Finally, for families who cannot make their check in time, we will have items out on June 11th for pick up as well
- Families can return library books Monday through Wednesday during the weeks of May 18th-29th. Library book drop-off times will be from 10am-1pm in our bus loop.
- We will have a designated box to put books in
- We are asking families to return library books by May 29th
- For Families that checked out a mobile device, return the device during your scheduled pick-up day on June 8th or June 9th
- If a family needs a device over the summer, we can check out a laptop to families on June 11th
REVERSE PARADE AT CHIEF CHARLO- We miss our kiddos so much!! We have outlined a reverse parade at Chief Charlo for June 4th at 6pm. We will send additional information to families so you know the route and how to follow city health guidelines. This will be a great opportunity to see our kiddos one last time before summer.
5th GRADE INFORMATION
- 5th Grade Celebration - 5th grade teachers communicated with families to outline their goodbye celebration for 5th grade students. Our event is planned for June 10th. We will ensure proper safety protocols and follow health guidelines so we can provide one last opportunity for our 5th grade teachers to say goodbye to their kiddos.
- MCPS Instrument Return - Typically we have students return district rented instruments following our final ‘Pizza Tour’ performance, this year however we’ve had to be a little more creative than usual. Click here for a letter from Fine Arts Supervisor John Combs on the process to get that district rented instrument turned in. I highly encourage the option to renew for the summer, super simple and helps avoid the lines! :-)
- 5th Grade Middle School Transitions-Chief Charlo is partnering with our Middle School staff, and providing information for 6th grade transitions. Mr. G, our 5th grade teachers and counselors will be meeting with students next week to discuss 6th grade transitions. In addition, all 3 Middle Schools will be providing a virtual spring/fall open house as well.
- Meadow Hill will hold a virtual open house on May 27th at 7pm
- CS Porter will hold a virtual open house in early June
- Washington will have an open house August 24th
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION AND ROUND-UP
- We encourage families to please register as soon as possible. We anticipate high enrollment for our incoming kinder families. Kinder placement at Chief Charlo is based on capacity and we cannot guarantee enrollment over specific class sizes. The sooner you get your kiddo enrolled the better chances of remaining at your area school.
- We will have a fall “Kindergarten Round-Up”. Due to COVID-19 we were unable to run our normal round-up day for families. We are aiming for a day in mid-August. We will have more information to share with Kindergarten families in the coming weeks.
- You can pick up Kindergarten enrollment forms at our school from 10am-1pm by requesting one from staff in the lunch distribution station. You can return the completed enrollment with necessary information in the "Student Work Drop Box" at the front door.
- For addtional information visit the Kindergarten Registration webpage.
MCPS Strategic Planning
Missoula County Public Schools is beginning the next phase of its long-term planning process. The District will be using your input at our strategic planning sessions to set the future direction for Missoula County Public Schools.
To learn more, please visit the Strategic Plan webpage.
Chief Charlo Elementary
5600 Longview, Missoula, Mt. 59803
Phone: (406) 542-4005 Fax: (406) 721-2977
Principal: Vincent Giammona
Secretary: Ann Bates
"Home of the Chief Charlo Wolves"
Kindergarten through 3rd grade
MTWF 8:25am-3:00pm TH 8:25a-2:00pm
4th and 5th grade
MTWF 8:25am-3:30pm TH 8:25am-2:30pm
Information Regarding Coronavirus
After deliberation and consideration of public input, our MCPS Board of Trustees voted on May 1, 2020, to keep our schools on our remote learning plan through the remainder of the school year. If you are interested in some of the key issues that informed this decision, I have shared them at the bottom of this letter.
Our school campuses, office buildings, and playgrounds will remain closed until further notice.
We will work with administrators and our educators to finalize our grading information so that we can inform our families. In addition, our response team will start working on an “end-of-year” plan that includes operational topics such as, return of materials, locker/desk cleanout and other tasks we will need to accomplish in a safe manner as we think about wrapping up the end of the year.
For more information, please visit the Coronavirus Information webpage.