Family Resource Center
Welcome to Paxson's Family Resource Center!My name is Melanie Matelich and this is my 5th year as the Family Resource Specialist and Families in Transition liason at Paxson Elementary School.My hours are Monday-Thursday during the school year.My phone number is 728-2400 ext. 4590My email address is firstname.lastname@example.orgI provide tutoring, mentoring, advocacy and support through the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. MCPS partners with local agencies to assist students and families with school enrollment, resources, transportation, supplies, food, and clothing for eligible families in transitional housing situations.Everyday I strive to:
Please stop by Room 161 and I will do my best to listen and help you.
- connect families to community resources
- engage families in their students' learning
- facilitate transportation, food, and clothing.
- provide weekend Kids Empower Pak food bags in collaboration with the Missoula Food Bank
- stock a clothes closet for all students
- offer parenting classes and information
- hold focus groups based on the My Voice Surveys
- tutor and mentor students
- monitor and encourage students to follow school expectations and behaviors through our MBI model
- coordinate events with the PTA throughout the year (welcome, social, fundraising, cultural, health, literacy events, etc.