Family Resource Center
Welcome to Paxson's Family Resource Center!My name is Melanie Matelich and I have been the Family Resource Specialist and Families in Transition liason at Paxson Elementary School since 2013.My hours are Monday-Thursday during the school year.My phone number is 728-2400 ext. 4590My email address is email@example.comI provide tutoring, mentoring, advocacy and support through the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act. MCPS partners with local agencies to assist students and families with school enrollment, resources, transportation, supplies, food, and clothing for eligible families in transitional housing situations.Everyday I strive to:
Please stop by Room 161 and I will do my best to listen and help you.
- connect families to community resources
- engage families in their students' learning
- facilitate transportation, food, and clothing.
- provide weekend Kids Empower Pak food bags in collaboration with the Missoula Food Bank
- stock a clothes closet for all students
- offer parenting classes and information
- hold focus groups based on the My Voice Surveys
- tutor and mentor students
- monitor and encourage students to follow school expectations and behaviors through our MBI model
- coordinate events with the PTA throughout the year (welcome, social, fundraising, cultural, health, literacy events, etc.