Families in Transition Program
* Note: The FIT Liaison for Missoula County Public Schools is Colleen Lehman. Visit the MCPS website for more information.
The role of the Families in Transition (FIT) Program at Chief Charlo is to serve as a liaison and support to Chief Charlo families who are going through transitions, specifically those experiencing housing instability (McKinney-Vento Act) or economic hardship.
My name is Coryll Rupert and as the FIT Coordinator for Chief Charlo Elementary, I work as a bridge between those families, our school and our district staff in an effort to identify and break down barriers that hinder those individuals from accessing various school and community programs and services. I am here to help try and ensure that the needs of our families experiencing hardships are being met. I believe this in turn empowers students to remain successful both in school and as lifelong learners.
- Distribution of the Missoula Food Bank's 'Kids EmPower Pack Food Program'
- School Supply Assistance
- One-on-one tutoring/homework assistance
- My Student in Need Assistance
- School-wide Toiletries Drive
- Holiday Assistance
- Receiving and distributing clothing donations
- Linking families to Community Resources and Services
Families in Transition - Office Hours
- Monday 8am - 4pm
- Tuesday 8am - 4pm
- Wednesday 8am - 4pm
- Thursday 8am - 4pm
- Friday 8am - 4pm
Please know I am here for you, your student(s) and your FAMILY! Don't hesitate to call (406-728-2400 ext 4983), email email@example.com or stop by my office (Rm 233) with any questions, ideas or concerns. I look forward to meeting and assisting you!