Contributing to Your Child's Education
Hello Paxson Community!Welcome all new and returning families to Paxson School! It's a different kind of year, but we hope that everyone has a great 2020-21 school year.THANK YOU! We want to thank everyone who contributed time and donations to your PTA last year. The PTA wouldn't be a success without YOU! We invite everyone to be a part of your wonderful Paxson community. The PTA supports many enriching and community building events and programs by providing funding and volunteers. We are always open to new ideas on how to enhance our children’s and families' experience here at Paxson so come to a meeting or find one of us in the halls.Your donations to the PTA support a multitude of enrichment and support programs including Co-Motion dance and movement for K-2nd graders, creative writing/poetry thru the Missoula Writing Collaborative for 3rd-5th graders, a lunchtime PEP Can teacher (a program that promotes collaborative and inclusive play on the playground reducing recess conflict), OLC (Outdoor Learning Center), and a student classroom activity funds for teachers. The 2020-21 school year may look a little different but we are still hoping to raise funds for these programs and more. Our next big project will be Playground Enhancements so keep an eye out for more information on that!
- Our PTA community donates $4,600 to Paxson to the Classroom Activity Fund for each Teacher ($10 for each of our 460 students). And $500 each for our PE, Library, Music and Art teachers.
- Your donation helps sponsor $8,400 for the amazing PEP Can program promoting play-for-all each year.
- Over $8,400 is invested in our 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders for the Creative Writing Program.
- $4,300 to sponsor the CoMotion Dance and Movement program for our K, 1st and 2nd
- Over $1500 to welcome the amazing Animal Wonders in the classroom for 3rd graders
- Funding for INSPIRE Grant where teachers apply for funding for cool classroom projects from reading programs to books to owl pellets!
- The annual Naturalist in the classroom for 4th graders
- 5th grade spelling bee
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Family Resource Center funding to help our families in need.
- Free and fun events like the Ice Cream social and Family Fun Night
Thank you for encouraging participation in our fundraisers and events so we can keep investing in our kids!Social events are spread throughout the year for fun and community building, and sometimes fundraising. These events include Ice Cream Social, Harvest Party, Family Movie Night, Around the World Night, Riverbank Run, Sock Hop, Field Day, and Staff Appreciation events (including coordinating food during conferences) and we plan to bring all these back next year!Three key fundraising events raise over 60% of our needed funds. The key fundraisers are Local Products (holiday gifts from local vendors), Direct Ask donations and the Paxson Spring Fundraiser. You may donate any time by check at the front office or online at our PTA Donation Site.We welcome any and all you have to offer. Join us the second TUESDAY of each month at 7pm via Zoom for our PTA meeting.
Here are a few contact names and numbers:
- Roula Agne (PTA Co-President) Ph. (406) 531-2416 email@example.com
- Given Kutz (PTA Co-President, Treasurer) Ph. (406) 544-9520 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nicole Simmons (PTA Secretary) email@example.com
Keep up to date on events, news, and PTA happenings by following our website at www.mcpsmt.org/paxson, Paxson Facebook page, Blackboard Connect*, by reading the information sent home in the student Thursday envelopes, and Paxson’s monthly e-newsletter. *Make sure you sign up with Mrs. Miller at the front desk if you do NOT receive emails from Blackboard Connect.
Other fun events to watch for (and volunteer for) are Family Movie Nights, Parents' Nights Out, Spring Bike Walk Bus days, language related activities, after-school activities and opportunities, Riverbank Run, running club, and more. Please Note: Many of these events and programs are run by volunteers. These dates are subject to change. Stay in touch!
PTA meetings are on the SECOND Tuesday of each month, at 7:00pm, at school-- please join us!