Information Regarding Coronavirus
In accordance with Governor Bullock’s updated set of directives and guidance shared this afternoon in a press conference, Missoula County Public Schools will remain closed through Friday, April 24, 2020.
All previous closures of MCPS campuses PreK-12, sports practices and driver’s education programs, and all Life Long Learning Center programs and classes will be extended through Friday, April 24, 2020. All MCPS playgrounds will remain closed.
In addition, the Governor also encouraged all of us to wear a cloth face mask when we leave our homes for essential services like accessing food or going into work if you are an essential services worker. Thank you for doing your part to ensure we stay at home as much as possible, wear cloth face masks in public, and maintain appropriate physical distancing to limit the spread of COVID-19.
For more information, please visit the Coronavirus Information webpage.
Meals for youth - open to ANY youth under 18 (even private school or homeschool students, or students from other school districts)
- During this school closure period, our school lunch and breakfast program is open to all youth for FREE. There is no limitation related to income status nor previous qualification for free/reduced lunch. Any youth can receive free meals, regardless of status.
- Meals will be delivered on the bus route, see details below
SCHOOL LUNCH ROUTE
Starting at SLE at 11:00:
- 1st Stop Eagle Dr. (by Lutheran Church) 11:05
- 2nd Stop Canyon & Frontier 11:06
- 3rd Stop Highland & Canyon 11:08
- 4th Stop N. Canyon & Canyon 11:09
- 5th Stop Tamarack & Redwood 11:17
- 6th Stop Morrell & Laurel 11:19
- 7th Stop (Wink’s house) 11:23
- 8th Stop Mill St. & Riverview Dr. 11:24
- 9th Stop Grizzly Dr. & Riverview Dr. (trailer court) 11:25
- 10th stop In between ICP & Cedar Ln. 11:30
- 11th Stop Rich Pratt Driveway 11:35
- 12th Stop Elaines Way 11:37
- 13th Stop Hwy 83 & Boy Scout Rd. 11:39
- 14th Stop Fawn Creek Rd & Boy Scout Rd. 11:41
- 15th Stop Abbey Rd. (by Deer Creek Excavating) 11:43
- 16th Log Yard (Old Gray Mill) turnaround. (Just before Camp Cr.) 11:48
Conley Transportation will then drive to cover the students at Placid Lake, and the Junction. Estimated times:
- Leaving SL @12:00 HWY 83 to Placid lake Rd. 12:10,
- Hwy 83 to the Junction 12:25.
Each bag will include both breakfast and lunch.
- Please send only one person from each family (this can be an adult) to pick up the meals at a pick up site or a bus stop for youth under 18 in your household. When picking up meals at a school site or a bus stop, please maintain a 6 foot distance from others waiting in line for meals.
The timing may flex by 10-15 minutes from the posted schedule as we get the system up and running.
Food Allergies: Parents or guardians, please examine the food for those students who have food allergies. We will identify lunches that have peanuts, but we recognize that there are other food allergies. If your student has known food allergies, please check over the food that has been delivered for any potential problems. If you have questions about how the food was prepared or specific ingredients, please contact our food service department at 728-2400 ext. 3023 or 5012 or firstname.lastname@example.org