- Paxson Elementary
- Mrs. Parkey's Classroom
Parkey, Petrea - Grade 4
Posted by Petrea Parkey on 2/25/2020 8:00:00 AM
Hello 4th Grade Families!
This Friday is the end of the second trimester! The end of the trimester is always a flurry of activity, so we want to be sure you know about all the upcoming events.
PROGRESS REPORTS AND CONFERENCES
- We sent out an email invitation to sign up for Spring Conferences. Please sign up for 1 thirty minute spot. At Paxson, Spring conferences are Student-led. Your kiddo will share some work and talk to you about their experiences as a 4th grader. We three teachers will circulate, chime in, and answer questions.
HELP WANTED! “CELEBRATE MONTANA” SCRIPT REVISION:
In keeping with our 4th grade Social Studies and Indian Education for All standards, we have a tradition of putting on a Montana History musical in May. This play is a work in progress in an ongoing quest to make it as representative, accurate, and educational as possible. Every year, we re-work the script with a few members of our community who volunteer their time to help us.
This year, we would like to extend the invitation to all 4th grade families. Are you interested in helping us make the MT History script the best it can be? Do you have an interest/expertise in Montana history? Or would you just like to preview the script and offer any feedback before we perform it? Please join us at our Script Revision Session on April 2 at 2:30 in Mrs. J’s room.
- February 25: Family Fun Night at Paxson. Free! Fun! Family!
- February 28: End of trimester.
- March 9, 10, 11, 12: Student-led conferences
- March 10-13: Book Fair in the Library (stop in during conferences!)
- March 12: 4th Grade Poetry Reading
- 11:35 dismissal
- March 13: no school
- March 16-20: Spring Break
Please let us know if you have questions after looking over the progress reports this evening. Have a great day!
-The 4th Grade Team