A Message from our Principal
End of the Year Information
LAST TWO WEEKS OF SCHOOL:
June 1st-5th, students and families will have access to daily learning templates just like the past 8 weeks. However, the focus of these activities will be review, intervention and enrichment lessons. In addition, the district Teaching and Learning department will also have activities linked in classroom lesson plans as well.
June 8th-11th- All engagement and enrichment activities will be provided by our district Teaching and Learning department. Much like it looked when we returned from spring break. We will have summer learning activities up on our district website through June 30th. This is ALL optional and available if families want and choose.
STUDENT PICKUP SCHEDULE AND PROTOCOL:
As a reminder, we have identified June 8th and June 9th as our student pick up days for collecting items from school. Please note:
- K-2 will pick up items on June 8th
- K: 9-11 am
- 1: 11am-1pm
- 2: 1-3 pm
- 3-5 will pick up items on June 9th
- 3: 9-11am
- 4: 11am-1pm
- 5: 1-3 pm
- For families with siblings or multiple students, please come on the youngest child’s day and time
- Finally, for families who cannot make their check in time, we will have items out on June 11th for pick up as well
- Families can return library books Monday through Wednesday during the weeks of May 18th-29th. Library book drop-off times will be from 10am-1pm in our bus loop.
- We will have a designated box to put books in
- We are asking families to return library books by May 29th
- For Families that checked out a mobile device, return the device during your scheduled pick-up day on June 8th or June 9th
- If a family needs a device over the summer, we can check out a laptop to families on June 11th
REVERSE PARADE AT CHIEF CHARLO- We miss our kiddos so much!! We have outlined a reverse parade at Chief Charlo for June 4th at 6pm. We will send additional information to families so you know the route and how to follow city health guidelines. This will be a great opportunity to see our kiddos one last time before summer.
5th GRADE INFORMATION
- 5th Grade Celebration - 5th grade teachers communicated with families to outline their goodbye celebration for 5th grade students. Our event is planned for June 10th. We will ensure proper safety protocols and follow health guidelines so we can provide one last opportunity for our 5th grade teachers to say goodbye to their kiddos.
- MCPS Instrument Return - Typically we have students return district rented instruments following our final ‘Pizza Tour’ performance, this year however we’ve had to be a little more creative than usual. Click here for a letter from Fine Arts Supervisor John Combs on the process to get that district rented instrument turned in. I highly encourage the option to renew for the summer, super simple and helps avoid the lines! :-)
- 5th Grade Middle School Transitions-Chief Charlo is partnering with our Middle School staff, and providing information for 6th grade transitions. Mr. G, our 5th grade teachers and counselors will be meeting with students next week to discuss 6th grade transitions. In addition, all 3 Middle Schools will be providing a virtual spring/fall open house as well.
- Meadow Hill will hold a virtual open house on May 27th at 7pm
- CS Porter will hold a virtual open house in early June
- Washington will have an open house August 24th
MCPS Summer Meal Program
Chief Charlo school will be open this summer as an on site meal program school. PLease see dates and time of operation.
- CHIEF CHARLO
All sites are open and serving 8:30-1:00. There will be no on-site congregating, all meals will be grab and go. Each bag will contain breakfast and lunch, and pickup locations will be clearly marked.
Our last day of bus delivery will be June 11th, with our open sites (listed above) will run June 15-August 14.
The Missoula Food Bank
The Missoula Food Bank will be hosting a Kids Eat Free Bus. Find out more information by calling 549-0543 or click on this Kids Eat Free link.